- Garden City Community College exists to produce positive contributors to the economic and social well-being of society.
Garden City Community College serves 1,868 students (43% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 37%.
- Enrollment: 1,868 students
- In-state tuition: $2,720
- Out-state tuition: $3,328
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 60%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 253 teachers has grown by 169% over five years.
Garden City Community College
(KS) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Garden City Community College has declined by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Garden City Community College diversity score of 0.62 is more than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,720 is less than the state average of $3,484. The in-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,328 is less than the state average of $4,443. The out-state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The educational philosophy of the college calls for the institution to accept students as they are, to test them, to counsel them into appropriate programs and to assist them in attaining the highest possible level of achievement through educational, personal and social experiences. The first four community colleges in Kansas were established in 1919, and GCCC is one of two from that group which still exist. It was created by county-wide election on April 1, 1919, and opened in September of the same year. GCCC initially shared facilities in Sabine Hall and Calkins Hall in the 100 block of Buffalo Jones Avenue with Garden City High School, and opened with a first class of less than three dozen students. The present 14-building, 63-acre campus at 801 Campus Drive was designed between July, 1965 and January, 1966. Garden City Community College is officially accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, the GCCC Nursing Program is accredited by the Kansas State Board of Nursing and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Garden City Community College cost?
Garden City Community College's tuition is approximately $2,720 for In-State students and $3,328 for Out-State students.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.