Colby Community College
- Colby Community College provides effective tools to advance learning opportunities that fulfill the educational goals of all students, while supporting lifelong learning experiences that meet the needs of the communities it serves.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|Colby Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||69 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,508 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||682 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||826 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||315||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$34,000|
- In addition to the main 80-acre campus in Colby, the college operates a 60-acre agricultural center east of the city. Students in agriculture-related programs utilize the college farm as a hands-on laboratory and training facility. A pioneer in outreach education, CCC accommodates hundreds of off-campus students by offering classes at 27 locations in the 14-county service area. Colby Community College offers a myriad of choices when it comes to selecting a program of study. There are over 60 academic and vocational programs to choose from in many of today's high-demand career fields. Academic programs focus on fulfilling general education requirements to prepare students for successful transfer to a four-year institution or entry into the job market. Vocational programs feature two years of intensive training preparing students for employment immediately upon graduation. Colby Community College is a member of the prestigious, nationally-known Jayhawk Conference. Varsity sports include basketball, wrestling, volleyball, track, cross country, softball, baseball and rodeo. In addition, CCC has an enthusiastic cheerleading squad and Troianns Dance Team. Students at CCC enjoy a variety of activities including intramural sports and a variety of clubs and organizations. The college also offers a fitness center and indoor swimming pool for both student and public use. Colby Community College is coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. We have several new majors including Massage Therapy, Feedlot Certification, and Alternative Energy. We will be adding more new majors soon-call Admissions for that Information!
- The nearest community college to Colby Community College is Northwest Kansas Technical College (34.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 647 students | 34.60 Mi1209 Harrison St
Goodland,  KS  67735
- 384 students | 91.60 Mi404 East 7th
Curtis,  NE  69025
- 2,072 students | 97.80 Mi801 Campus Dr
Garden City,  KS  67846
- 2,143 students | 120.80 Mi1101 Halligan Drive
North Platte,  NE  69101
- 1,768 students | 123.40 Mi2501 N 14th Ave
Dodge City,  KS  67801