Colby Community College
Colby Community College Photo #2 - The highest graduation rate among all 19 Kansas community colleges.
- Colby Community College provides effective tools to advance learning opportunities that fulfill the educational goals of all students, while supporting lifelong learning experiences that meet the needs of the communities it serves.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Colby Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||69 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,508 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||682 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||826 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||315||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$34,000|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Collegiate Farm Bureau
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Vocal Music
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Colby Community College is located in northwest Kansas, approximately 50 miles from the Nebraska and Colorado borders. From a humble beginning of the 99 students in 1964, CCC now serves more than 1,900 students annually. In addition to an 80-acre main campus, CCC has a 60-acre farm used as a hands-on laboratory and training facility. The college also accommodates hundreds of off-campus students through face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses.
- A number of studies conclude CCC is a solid educational investment. Colby has a strong history of student performance, including the highest retention rate and the highest graduation rate among all Kansas community colleges in 2018 and 2019.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Colby Community College is Northwest Kansas Technical College (34.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 647 students | 34.60 Mi1209 Harrison St
Goodland,  KS  67735
- 384 students | 91.60 Mi404 East 7th
Curtis,  NE  69025
- 2,072 students | 97.80 Mi801 Campus Dr
Garden City,  KS  67846
- 2,143 students | 120.80 Mi1101 Halligan Drive
North Platte,  NE  69101
- 1,768 students | 123.40 Mi2501 N 14th Ave
Dodge City,  KS  67801
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.