- MVCC offers choice, opportunity, and hope by providing accessible and affordable higher education, training, and services that emphasize academic excellence, diversity and a global view. The College is committed to excellence in career and transfer preparation, business, economic and community development, and personal and cultural enrichment.
Mohawk Valley Community College serves 5,704 students (44% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,704 students
- In-state tuition: $4,415
- Out-state tuition: $8,225
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 25%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Mohawk Valley Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 518 teachers has grown by 124% over five years.
Mohawk Valley Community College
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Mohawk Valley Community College has declined by 12% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Mohawk Valley Community College diversity score of 0.42 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,415 is less than the state average of $5,507. The in-state tuition has declined by 12% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,225 is less than the state average of $10,195. The out-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The college offers Degrees and Certificate in Art, Business and Information Technology, Engineering, Computer, and Physical Sciences, Engineering Technologies and the Trades, Health Services, Hospitality Programs, Humanities, Life Science, Mathematics, Physical Education, Psychology, Human Services and Education and Social Sciences. The Center for Community and Economic Development at Mohawk Valley Community College is the primary educational resource and training provider for individuals, businesses, and other agencies in the college service area. We are responsive to the educational and training needs of this community through a comprehensive offering of flexible and innovative training programs and services. Mohawk Valley Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Our Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering Technology curricula, and the Surveying Technology curriculum are accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC-ABET). The Nursing curriculum is accredited by the National League Accrediting Commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mohawk Valley Community College cost?
Mohawk Valley Community College's tuition is approximately $4,415 for In-State students and $8,225 for Out-State students.
What is Mohawk Valley Community College's ranking?
Mohawk Valley Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Least expensive tuition.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.