Mohawk Valley Community College
- MVCC offers choice, opportunity, and hope by providing accessible and affordable higher education, training, and services that emphasize academic excellence, diversity and a global view. The College is committed to excellence in career and transfer preparation, business, economic and community development, and personal and cultural enrichment.
The teacher population of 231 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mohawk Valley Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||231 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers Degrees and Certificate in Art, Business and Information Technology, Engineering, Computer, and Physical Sciences, Engineering Technologies and the Trades, Health Services, Hospitality Programs, Humanities, Life Science, Mathematics, Physical Education, Psychology, Human Services and Education and Social Sciences. The Center for Community and Economic Development at Mohawk Valley Community College is the primary educational resource and training provider for individuals, businesses, and other agencies in the college service area. We are responsive to the educational and training needs of this community through a comprehensive offering of flexible and innovative training programs and services. Mohawk Valley Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Our Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering Technology curricula, and the Surveying Technology curriculum are accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC-ABET). The Nursing curriculum is accredited by the National League Accrediting Commission.
The nearest community college to Mohawk Valley Community College is Saint Elizabeth College of Nursing (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 2.50 Mi2215 Genessee St
Utica,  NY  13501
(315) 798-8144 2.50n/a
- 3,259 students | 11.50 Mi100 Reservoir Rd
Herkimer,  NY  13350
(315) 866-0300 11.503,259
- 2,910 students | 25.00 Mi80 Eaton Street
Morrisville,  NY  13408
(315) 684-6000 25.002,910
- 1,091 students | 33.60 Mi22 Sullivan St
Cazenovia,  NY  13035
(800) 654-3210 33.601,091
- 2,589 students | 44.00 Mi2805 State Hwy 67
Johnstown,  NY  12095
(518) 762-3622 44.002,589
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.