Herkimer County Community College
- The motto of the State University of New York, “To Learn - To Search - To Serve,” defines the philosophy of Herkimer County Community College. Founded by the citizens of Herkimer County, the College has provided quality educational opportunities for over a quarter century. In addition to its degree programs for day and evening students, the College also serves the needs of the entire community through short courses, certificate programs, workshops and other offerings.
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Herkimer County Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,259 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,842 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,417 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||620||451|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$35,200|
- HCCC prepares students to earn an associate degree or certificate, either to continue their education toward a baccalaureate degree, or obtain sufficient background for employment. In addition to its degree programs, the College seeks to increase each student's potential through informal student- faculty exchange, varied co-curricular programs, and student involvement in college and community activities. Currently, Herkimer County Community College offers over 40 degree programs leading to one-year certificates, A.A., A.S., and A.A.S. degrees. The Internet Academy offers eighteen associate degree programs and three certificate programs which can be completed entirely online. Seventy-eight percent of all courses offered by the college are taught by full-time faculty. Herkimer County Community College has experienced record enrollment growth over the past several years. In the last five years, total enrollment has increased by 36%, from 2591 in fall 2000 to a record 3,526 students this semester. This growth is partly attributable to the College's Internet Academy , where students can earn their degrees completely online, and College Now, a program where Herkimer County high school teachers are certified and teach college courses to their students at the high schools during the day. However, there has also been significant growth in the number of traditional on-campus students.
- The nearest community college to Herkimer County Community College is Mohawk Valley Community College (11.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,149 students | 11.50 Mi1101 Sherman Dr
Utica,  NY  13501
- n/a students | 14.00 Mi2215 Genessee St
Utica,  NY  13501
- 2,589 students | 32.70 Mi2805 State Hwy 67
Johnstown,  NY  12095
- 2,910 students | 34.00 Mi80 Eaton Street
Morrisville,  NY  13408
- 2,535 students | 35.80 MiRt 7
Cobleskill,  NY  12043