Holy Cross College
- Holy Cross College is a Catholic higher education community that transforms lives by advancing the Gospel, building competent minds and forming compassionate hearts. Founded by the Brothers of Holy Cross, we are animated by their traditions which require a practical, demanding, and comprehensive training of the mind that is compelled to action by a generous spirit. We accommodate a broad spectrum of needs, interests, and backgrounds within a challenging, supportive, and sacred environment. We offer a foundational liberal arts program of engaging and relevant instruction which prepares students for productive futures.
Holy Cross College serves 455 students (91% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 58%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 455 students
- Private-state tuition: $27,150
- Acceptance Rate: 77%
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 47%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Holy Cross College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
The teacher population of 90 teachers has grown by 157% over five years.
Holy Cross College
(IN) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Less than 2 years (below associate)
The student population of Holy Cross College has declined by 18% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Holy Cross College diversity score of 0.67 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $27,150 is more than the state average of $16,044. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Holy Cross College is a small Catholic liberal arts college in northern Indiana with exceptional academic programs. Our 150-acre campus is home to nearly 500 students who come from more than 30 states and 10 countries from around the globe. Holy Cross College is conducted by the Brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross and first opened its doors in the fall of 1966 as "Holy Cross Junior College", with its first class consisting of student Brothers. Male students enrolled in the fall of 1967. The College became co-educational in the fall of 1968. A four-year baccalaureate program debuted in the fall of 2003 with an inaugural class of 15 students. Local, national, and international students are enrolled at Holy Cross College, which included students from more than 30 states and 10 foreign countries. Holy Cross is a special place where students receive an extra measure of individual attention from a very dedicated, highly qualified faculty. Classes are very small. And students are immersed in an intellectually rigorous and practical liberal arts education that combines excellence in the classroom, with "real world" experiences. Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Holy Cross College is incorporated in the state of Indiana and chartered to grant the Associate of Arts Degree (AA) and Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (BA).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Holy Cross College cost?
Holy Cross College's private state tuition is approximately $27,150.
What is the acceptance rate of Holy Cross College?
The acceptance rate of Holy Cross College is 77%, which is higher than the state average of 74%.
What is Holy Cross College's ranking?
Holy Cross College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Indiana for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.