Tel: (574) 936-8898
- Ancilla College is a liberal arts institution of higher learning sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. The College's religious tradition is Catholic; its climate ecumenical. In a caring environment, Ancilla serves a diverse population as we transform and empower students to achieve high academic goals, lifelong learning, successful careers and values-centered lives.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ancilla College||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||400 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||307 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||93 students||1,299 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ancilla College is a two-year, liberal arts, independent community college serving the people of Northern Indiana, and is sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ Sisters. The College's tradition is Catholic, its climate ecumenical. The campus is located 25 miles south of South Bend, IN and 90 miles southeast of Chicago. South Bend is home to many Fortune 1000 companies, one major league sports team, and many cultural attractions, including the Symphony Orchestra, the Institute of Arts, and the University of Notre Dame. Within easy driving distance from the campus are many state parks and lakes. Ancilla College, under the sponsorship of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, was organized as a two-year college specializing in teacher training in l937. In 1966 the College was enlarged and its programs expanded to admit area students who were interested in pursuing higher education. At the same time the College incorporated itself as a separate entity from the religious congregation which founded it. Since 1966, Ancilla has combined various career preparation programs with its liberal arts orientation. It now serves traditional and non-traditional students primarily from a seven-county area in northern Indiana and seeks to meet needs of the community, business, and industry. As the College continues to grow, it reaches out further to provide higher education to interested persons by offering classes at off-campus locations in the surrounding areas. Ancilla is the only accredited private, nonprofit two-year college in Indiana. As a two-year, co-educational, liberal arts college, Ancilla College focuses on preparing you for a rewarding career in over 24 degrees and 4 certificate programs. We offer a variety of day, evening, and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule and meet your educational needs. Accredited byThe Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Ancilla College is incorporated in the state of Indiana and chartered to grant the Associate of Arts Degree (AA), the Associate of Science Degree (AS), the Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS), and the Associate of Science in Nursing Degree (ASN).
- The nearest community college to Ancilla College is Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral (24.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,149 students | 24.60 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend,  IN  46601
(574) 289-7001 24.608,149
- 520 students | 26.90 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
(574) 239-8377 26.90520
- 340 students | 28.60 Mi3454 Douglas Rd.
South Bend,  IN  46635
(574) 237-0774 28.60340
- 6,177 students | 29.20 Mi1401 S US Hwy 421
Westville,  IN  46391
(219) 785-5200 29.206,177
- 112 students | 33.10 Mi325 E US Hwy 20
Michigan City,  IN  46360
(219) 877-3100 33.10112
Learn how online courses broaden the options of a community college education.
Community college is not just for young adults; learn how your kids can take advantage of learning opportunities offered at your local community college campus.
Sex offenders may soon be banned on community colleges. Learn about the community college that has taken this watershed step in preventing children sex offenders from taking classes on campus.