- Ancilla College is a liberal arts institution of higher learning sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. The College's religious tradition is Catholic; its climate ecumenical. In a caring environment, Ancilla serves a diverse population as we transform and empower students to achieve high academic goals, lifelong learning, successful careers and values-centered lives.
- Enrollment: 344 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,730
- Acceptance Rate: 72%
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Ancilla College is a two-year, liberal arts, independent community college serving the people of Northern Indiana, and is sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ Sisters. The College's tradition is Catholic, its climate ecumenical. The campus is located 25 miles south of South Bend, IN and 90 miles southeast of Chicago. South Bend is home to many Fortune 1000 companies, one major league sports team, and many cultural attractions, including the Symphony Orchestra, the Institute of Arts, and the University of Notre Dame. Within easy driving distance from the campus are many state parks and lakes. Ancilla College, under the sponsorship of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, was organized as a two-year college specializing in teacher training in l937. In 1966 the College was enlarged and its programs expanded to admit area students who were interested in pursuing higher education. At the same time the College incorporated itself as a separate entity from the religious congregation which founded it. Since 1966, Ancilla has combined various career preparation programs with its liberal arts orientation. It now serves traditional and non-traditional students primarily from a seven-county area in northern Indiana and seeks to meet needs of the community, business, and industry. As the College continues to grow, it reaches out further to provide higher education to interested persons by offering classes at off-campus locations in the surrounding areas. Ancilla is the only accredited private, nonprofit two-year college in Indiana. As a two-year, co-educational, liberal arts college, Ancilla College focuses on preparing you for a rewarding career in over 24 degrees and 4 certificate programs. We offer a variety of day, evening, and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule and meet your educational needs. Accredited byThe Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Ancilla College is incorporated in the state of Indiana and chartered to grant the Associate of Arts Degree (AA), the Associate of Science Degree (AS), the Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS), and the Associate of Science in Nursing Degree (ASN).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ancilla College cost?
Ancilla College's private state tuition is approximately $13,730.
What is the acceptance rate of Ancilla College?
The acceptance rate of Ancilla College is 72%, which is lower than the state average of 74%. Ancilla College's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in Indiana with low acceptance rates.