Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable.
Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral serves 8,149 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the state community college average of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 58%.
- Enrollment: 8,149 students
- In-state tuition: $3,257
- Out-state tuition: $6,761
- Student:teacher ratio: 37:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 219 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral
(IN) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Rural-serving Large
Less than 2 yrs
Less than 2 years (below associate)
The student population of Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 37:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,257 is less than the state average of $3,797. The in-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,761 is less than the state average of $8,083. The out-state tuition has grown by 19% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. One of the first regional campuses established in the young Ivy Tech system, South Bend first began offering classes in 1968 on West Sample Street in the old Studebaker plant while a nearby unused high school was enlarged and remodeled. Classes were moved to the renovated high school in 1969. A new campus opened in January 2000 at 220 Dean Johnson Blvd. Today, Ivy Tech's South Bend campus annually serves approximately 5,000 students. Students range in age from 16 to over 65, with a median age of around 27. Enrollment is approximately 53 percent female, and three out of four students attend part-time. Minorities account for 27 percent of the student body. The South Bend campus prides itself on providing the flexibility, support and encouragement that nontraditional students need to achieve academic and career success while balancing work, school and family responsibilities. Ivy Tech will continue to offer the career and technical training which we're known for, but we also offer courses and programs that transfer to four-year colleges and universities. So you can enjoy Ivy Tech's quality instruction, small classes, flexible scheduling and helpful instructors while you stay on-track for a four-year degree. Over 25 academic programs in six divisions: Arts and Design, Business, General Education and Support Services, Health and Human Services, Public Services, Technology. Many specialties and concentrations offered within individual programs. Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral cost?
Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral's tuition is approximately $3,257 for In-State students and $6,761 for Out-State students.
Calling All Entrepreneurs! How Community Colleges Can Help You Start Your Business
Learn about the courses and resources available at your community college that can help you start the business of your dreams.
Community College Degrees for Midlife Career Changers
Learn about some of the most popular midlife career changers that you can launch with a community college degree.
ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.