Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral
Tel: (574) 289-7001
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable.
The teacher population of 219 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||219 staff||42 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. One of the first regional campuses established in the young Ivy Tech system, South Bend first began offering classes in 1968 on West Sample Street in the old Studebaker plant while a nearby unused high school was enlarged and remodeled. Classes were moved to the renovated high school in 1969. A new campus opened in January 2000 at 220 Dean Johnson Blvd. Today, Ivy Tech's South Bend campus annually serves approximately 5,000 students. Students range in age from 16 to over 65, with a median age of around 27. Enrollment is approximately 53 percent female, and three out of four students attend part-time. Minorities account for 27 percent of the student body. The South Bend campus prides itself on providing the flexibility, support and encouragement that nontraditional students need to achieve academic and career success while balancing work, school and family responsibilities. Ivy Tech will continue to offer the career and technical training which we're known for, but we also offer courses and programs that transfer to four-year colleges and universities. So you can enjoy Ivy Tech's quality instruction, small classes, flexible scheduling and helpful instructors while you stay on-track for a four-year degree. Over 25 academic programs in six divisions: Arts and Design, Business, General Education and Support Services, Health and Human Services, Public Services, Technology. Many specialties and concentrations offered within individual programs. Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral is Holy Cross College (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 499 students | 2.50 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
(574) 239-8377 2.50499
- 340 students | 4.10 Mi3454 Douglas Rd.
South Bend,  IN  46635
(574) 237-0774 4.10340
- 2,130 students | 21.60 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac,  MI  49047
(269) 782-1000 21.602,130
- 415 students | 24.60 Mi9601 S. Union Road
Donaldson,  IN  46513
(574) 936-8898 24.60415
- 3,202 students | 30.40 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor,  MI  49022
(269) 927-8100 30.403,202
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.