Hinds Community College
- The mission of Hinds Community College, a public, comprehensive community college, is to offer pertinent and diverse educational programs and services for persons with various interests and abilities.
- The teacher population of 511 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hinds Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||511 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,839 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,729 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,110 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,918||593|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hinds Community College is a comprehensive educational institution serving approximately 15,000 students each year. Hinds has provided quality educational programs that are convenient and affordable since 1917. Hinds Community College provides a quality, accessible, affordable education for all of its students and a wide variety of public service activities, cultural events, and recreational opportunities for its community. If you live in the five counties served by Hinds Community College - Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds, Rankin and Warren - you are within 30 miles of one of these six convenient locations. The Hinds Campus in Raymond, where the College's history began, added a state-of-the-art cafeteria to its facilities in 1993. Other features such as an 18-hole golf course, olympic-size swimming pool, and varsity athletic competition appeal to students enrolled in academic, career, and technical programs.
- The nearest community college to Hinds Community College is Virginia College-Jackson (11.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 395 students | 11.20 Mi5841 Ridgewood Rd
Jackson,  MS  39211
- 374 students | 17.80 Mi2323 Lakeland Drive
Flowood,  MS  39232
- 3,029 students | 38.20 Mi1001 Co-Lin Lane
Wesson,  MS  39191
- 357 students | 47.00 Mi132 Old Hwy 65 South
Tallulah,  LA  71282
- 5,798 students | 57.40 Mi#1 Hill St
Goodman,  MS  39079
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.