- The mission of Hinds Community College, a public, comprehensive community college, is to offer pertinent and diverse educational programs and services for persons with various interests and abilities.
Hinds Community College serves 11,181 students (51% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 73% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 46%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 11,181 students
- In-state tuition: $2,500
- Out-state tuition: $5,100
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 73%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Hinds Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
The teacher population of 1,232 teachers has grown by 141% over five years.
Hinds Community College
(MS) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Hinds Community College has declined by 7% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five years.
The Hinds Community College diversity score of 0.67 is more than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has grown by 18% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,500 is more than the state average of $2,428. The in-state tuition has declined by 18% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,100 is more than the state average of $4,459. The out-state tuition has declined by 16% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Hinds Community College is a comprehensive educational institution serving approximately 15,000 students each year. Hinds has provided quality educational programs that are convenient and affordable since 1917. Hinds Community College provides a quality, accessible, affordable education for all of its students and a wide variety of public service activities, cultural events, and recreational opportunities for its community. If you live in the five counties served by Hinds Community College - Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds, Rankin and Warren - you are within 30 miles of one of these six convenient locations. The Hinds Campus in Raymond, where the College's history began, added a state-of-the-art cafeteria to its facilities in 1993. Other features such as an 18-hole golf course, olympic-size swimming pool, and varsity athletic competition appeal to students enrolled in academic, career, and technical programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hinds Community College cost?
Hinds Community College's tuition is approximately $2,500 for In-State students and $5,100 for Out-State students.
What is Hinds Community College's ranking?
Hinds Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Mississippi for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.