Holmes Community College
- The teacher population of 250 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Holmes Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||250 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,798 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,864 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,934 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||562||593|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Holmes Community College is Mississippi Delta Community College (47.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,705 students | 47.50 MiHwy 3 and Cherry St
Moorhead,  MS  38761
- 395 students | 54.90 Mi5841 Ridgewood Rd
Jackson,  MS  39211
- 11,839 students | 57.40 Mi505 East Main Street
Raymond,  MS  39154
- 2,544 students | 59.30 Mi15738 Highway 15
Decatur,  MS  39327
- 3,390 students | 80.30 Mi910 Hwy 19 N
Meridian,  MS  39307
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.