Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Through its four campuses and four centers in George, Harrison, Jackson and Stone counties, Gulf Coast is making education and training accessible, convenient, affordable and flexible to fit the busy lifestyles of students and their families.
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||372 staff||138 staff|
- As the college's original campus, founded in 1912, Perkinston is the only campus with dormitories. Here at Perk, you will have a unique college experience that gives you a taste of everything -- academic and career and technical programs, literacy programs, fine arts, sports, clubs and organizations. Living on campus fosters school spirit and a sense of belonging. Activities abound here—from football games and pep rallies to theater and art openings—something exciting is always going on! A few miles south of Wiggins, Mississippi, on Highway 49, the small town of Perkinston is the place of some big-time activity. Its handful of residents get a lot of company when 1,000-plus students enroll each semester at Gulf Coast's Perkinston Campus. We have everything you need right here at MGCCC. From academic transfer programs to workforce training, you can get the latest in technology and instruction to prepare you for the “real world.” We work hard to meet your needs—whether you need help with financial aid or with homework—and we want to be the best we can for you. We are the only community college in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana to be in the top 100 associate degree producers in the nation. We are affordable, with tuition that is one of the lowest in the state, and we have a textbook rental service that can save you a ton of money. The Educational Services Center gives you all you need from admissions information to career counseling, and the instructors are caring, compassionate, and accessible—classes are small, so instructors know who you are. The college is accredited by the Mississippi College Commission for Accreditation and by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Students transferring to universities will receive recognition for credits earned at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,836 students | 24.30 Mi101 Hwy 11 N
Poplarville,  MS  39470
(601) 403-1000 24.304,836
- 324 students | 25.50 Mi12251 Bernard Pkwy
Gulfport,  MS  39503
(228) 897-00000000 25.50324
- 155 students | 40.90 Mi1500 N 31st Ave
Hattiesburg,  MS  39401
(601) 583-4100 40.90155
- 4,733 students | 42.00 Mi65556 Centerpoint Blvd.
Lacombe,  LA  70445
(985) 545-1500 42.004,733
- n/a students | 52.80 Mi1000 Canulette Rd
Slidell,  LA  70458
(985) 646-6431 52.80n/a