Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
- Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is a small, accredited degree-granting collegeï¿½with a big commitment to student success. We recently added a $1 million, state-of-the-art flight simulator laboratory, invested another $300,000 in a new engineering laboratory and residence hall and are in the midst of a $20 million expansion of our academic and training facilities that will include a new library. The result: a state-of-the-art campusï¿½with sweeping views of Manhattanï¿½where you'll find a culture of excellence and rigorous degree, professional, technical and certification programs.
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 91 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||91 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,614 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,263 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||351 students||538 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,261 students||1,104 students|
|# Graduate Students||2 students||95 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$53,600||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is Long Island Business Institute (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 397 students | 2.90 Mi136-18 39th Avenue, Fifth Floor
Flushing,  NY  11354
- 504 students | 3.00 Mi97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park,  NY  11374
- 20,231 students | 3.10 Mi31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City,  NY  11101
- 444 students | 4.00 Mi24 East 120th Street
New York,  NY  10035
- 6,985 students | 4.20 Mi500 Grand Concourse
Bronx,  NY  10451
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.