Feather River Community College District
- Feather River College is a comprehensive, public, two-year community college serving Plumas County and the Northern California Sierra region. College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, high-quality post-secondary education that prepares students to enter the job market, allows them to transfer to senior colleges and universities, and assists them in achieving their educational and personal goals Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and supports the economic growth of the community.
Feather River Community College District serves 1,821 students (20% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,821 students
- In-state tuition: $1,446
- Out-state tuition: $7,266
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 35%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 133 teachers has grown by 160% over five years.
Feather River Community College District
(CA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Feather River Community College District has declined by 15% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
The Feather River Community College District diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,446 is more than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,266 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has declined by 14% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Feather River College is a public, two year community college, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. "Feather River Country" is a land of majestic, snowcapped mountains, lush valleys and scattered small towns. Feather River College is located within walking distance of the picturesque town of Quincy where 5,000 friendly residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried life style and exceptional services. Facilities include a hospital, library, churches, theater, restaurants and a shopping center. Perched on a mountain side forested with pine and oak, Feather River College is tucked away in one of California's hidden, quiet spots. Bordering Plumas National Forest, the 256-acre campus hosts a variety of wildlife, including a resident deer herd. The Feather River Residence Hall complex is owned by the Feather River College Foundation. The student-exclusive, two-story apartment buildings are modern and convenient, and are located a short, five-minute walk from the center of the Feather River College campus. A suite-style dorm design naturally blends into the nearby hillside, which provides a backdrop of towering pine and oak. The Learning Center (LC) offers assistance to students by providing a congenial environment for learning how to think and write, primarily through one-on-one instruction or group tutoring in all disciplines.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Feather River Community College District cost?
Feather River Community College District's tuition is approximately $1,446 for In-State students and $7,266 for Out-State students.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.