Feather River Community College District
- Feather River College is a comprehensive, public, two-year community college serving Plumas County and the Northern California Sierra region. College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, high-quality post-secondary education that prepares students to enter the job market, allows them to transfer to senior colleges and universities, and assists them in achieving their educational and personal goals Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and supports the economic growth of the community.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Feather River Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,715 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||746 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||969 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||194||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Feather River College is a public, two year community college, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. "Feather River Country" is a land of majestic, snowcapped mountains, lush valleys and scattered small towns. Feather River College is located within walking distance of the picturesque town of Quincy where 5,000 friendly residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried life style and exceptional services. Facilities include a hospital, library, churches, theater, restaurants and a shopping center. Perched on a mountain side forested with pine and oak, Feather River College is tucked away in one of California's hidden, quiet spots. Bordering Plumas National Forest, the 256-acre campus hosts a variety of wildlife, including a resident deer herd. The Feather River Residence Hall complex is owned by the Feather River College Foundation. The student-exclusive, two-story apartment buildings are modern and convenient, and are located a short, five-minute walk from the center of the Feather River College campus. A suite-style dorm design naturally blends into the nearby hillside, which provides a backdrop of towering pine and oak. The Learning Center (LC) offers assistance to students by providing a congenial environment for learning how to think and write, primarily through one-on-one instruction or group tutoring in all disciplines.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,089 students | 41.60 Mi3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville,  CA  95965
- 2,557 students | 47.20 Mi478-200 Hwy 139
Susanville,  CA  96130
- 6,640 students | 65.00 Mi2088 N Beale Rd
Marysville,  CA  95901
- 159 students | 67.00 Mi990-A Klamath Lane
Yuba City,  CA  95993
- 11,106 students | 67.50 Mi7000 Dandini Blvd
Reno,  NV  89512
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.