Feather River Community College District
- Feather River College is a comprehensive, public, two-year community college serving Plumas County and the Northern California Sierra region. College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, high-quality post-secondary education that prepares students to enter the job market, allows them to transfer to senior colleges and universities, and assists them in achieving their educational and personal goals Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and supports the economic growth of the community.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Feather River Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,715 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||746 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||969 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Feather River College is a public, two year community college, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. "Feather River Country" is a land of majestic, snowcapped mountains, lush valleys and scattered small towns. Feather River College is located within walking distance of the picturesque town of Quincy where 5,000 friendly residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried life style and exceptional services. Facilities include a hospital, library, churches, theater, restaurants and a shopping center. Perched on a mountain side forested with pine and oak, Feather River College is tucked away in one of California's hidden, quiet spots. Bordering Plumas National Forest, the 256-acre campus hosts a variety of wildlife, including a resident deer herd. The Feather River Residence Hall complex is owned by the Feather River College Foundation. The student-exclusive, two-story apartment buildings are modern and convenient, and are located a short, five-minute walk from the center of the Feather River College campus. A suite-style dorm design naturally blends into the nearby hillside, which provides a backdrop of towering pine and oak. The Learning Center (LC) offers assistance to students by providing a congenial environment for learning how to think and write, primarily through one-on-one instruction or group tutoring in all disciplines.
- The nearest community college to Feather River Community College District is Butte College (41.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,892 students | 41.60 Mi3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville,  CA  95965
- 2,557 students | 47.20 Mi478-200 Hwy 139
Susanville,  CA  96130
- 6,640 students | 65.00 Mi2088 N Beale Rd
Marysville,  CA  95901
- 159 students | 67.00 Mi990-A Klamath Lane
Yuba City,  CA  95993
- 11,106 students | 67.50 Mi7000 Dandini Blvd
Reno,  NV  89512
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.