Feather River Community College District
- Feather River College is a comprehensive, public, two-year community college serving Plumas County and the Northern California Sierra region. College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, high-quality post-secondary education that prepares students to enter the job market, allows them to transfer to senior colleges and universities, and assists them in achieving their educational and personal goals Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and supports the economic growth of the community.
The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Feather River Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Feather River College is a public, two year community college, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. "Feather River Country" is a land of majestic, snowcapped mountains, lush valleys and scattered small towns. Feather River College is located within walking distance of the picturesque town of Quincy where 5,000 friendly residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried life style and exceptional services. Facilities include a hospital, library, churches, theater, restaurants and a shopping center. Perched on a mountain side forested with pine and oak, Feather River College is tucked away in one of California's hidden, quiet spots. Bordering Plumas National Forest, the 256-acre campus hosts a variety of wildlife, including a resident deer herd. The Feather River Residence Hall complex is owned by the Feather River College Foundation. The student-exclusive, two-story apartment buildings are modern and convenient, and are located a short, five-minute walk from the center of the Feather River College campus. A suite-style dorm design naturally blends into the nearby hillside, which provides a backdrop of towering pine and oak. The Learning Center (LC) offers assistance to students by providing a congenial environment for learning how to think and write, primarily through one-on-one instruction or group tutoring in all disciplines.
The nearest community college to Feather River Community College District is Lassen Community College (38.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,660 students | 38.00 Mi478-200 Hwy 139
Susanville, CA 96130
(530) 257-6181 38.002,660
- 10,872 students | 41.30 Mi3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville, CA 95965
(530) 895-2511 41.3010,872
- 5,934 students | 64.70 Mi2088 N Beale Rd
Marysville, CA 95901
(530) 741-6700 64.705,934
- 159 students | 65.70 Mi939 Live Oak Boulevard
Yuba City, CA 95991
(530) 674-9199 65.70159
- 10,861 students | 67.80 Mi7000 Dandini Blvd
Reno, NV 89512
(775) 673-7000 67.8010,861
Learn about the dazzling jewelry programs and certificates that are available at your local community college campus.
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.