Truckee Meadows Community College
- Truckee Meadows Community College provides access for lifelong learning opportunities to improve the quality of life for our diverse community. TMCC creates a supportive, intellectually and culturally dynamic environment.
- The teacher population of 289 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Truckee Meadows Community College||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||289 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,106 students||3,024 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,823 students||919 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,283 students||2,105 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,100||$30,300|
- In 1969, the community college system was established by the Nevada State Legislature. In 1971, Governor Mike O'Callaghan dedicated Western Nevada Community College as one of three community colleges in the Community College Division of the Nevada System of Higher Education. In 1979, the Board of Regents split Western Nevada Community College and established Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC). TMCC became the fourth community college within the Nevada System of Higher Education. Truckee Meadows Community College is continually growing and finding new ways to prepare students for the real world. Offering academic and university transfer, occupational training, career enhancement workshops and classes just for fun, TMCC is the fastest growing college in northern Nevada. TMCC serves over 12,000 students with programs leading to associate degrees and certificates in more than 40 academic and occupational areas. TMCC's Dandini Campus houses the administrative functions of the college as well as a wide variety of academic and occupational programs. Students have access to a wide variety of student services on the main campus, including the Elizabeth Sturm Library, open computer laboratories, career and job placement advisement, drop-in child care, academic assistance from The SOURCE and Writing Center, cultural awareness workshops and special events.
- The nearest community college to Truckee Meadows Community College is Career College of Northern Nevada (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 359 students | 4.70 Mi1421 Pullman Dr.
Sparks,  NV  89434
(775) 856-2266 4.70359
- 3,951 students | 26.60 Mi2201 West College Parkway
Carson City,  NV  89703
(775) 445-3000 26.603,951
- 2,419 students | 46.30 MiOne College Drive
South Lake Tahoe,  CA  96150
(530) 541-4660 46.302,419
- 1,715 students | 67.80 Mi570 Golden Eagle Ave
Quincy,  CA  95971
(530) 283-0202 67.801,715
- 2,557 students | 74.40 Mi478-200 Hwy 139
Susanville,  CA  96130
(530) 257-6181 74.402,557