- Butte College provides quality education, services, and workforce training to students who aspire to become productive members of a diverse, sustainable, and global society.
- We prepare our students for life-long learning through the mastery of basic skills, the achievement of degrees and certificates, and the pursuit of career and transfer pathways.
- The teacher population of 587 teachers has grown by 69% over five years.
|Butte College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||587 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,892 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,920 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,972 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,800||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||53 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
African Student's Association, Ag Ambassadors Club, Agape Christian Fellowship Club, American Design and Drafting Association, Anime Club, Asian Student Association, Black Student Union, Butte Feminist Union, California Student Sustainability Coalition (CSSC) Butte College Chapter, Chinese Student Association at Butte College, Computer Science Club (ACM Chapter), Cultural and Community Center, Deaf Education and Awareness, Environmental Horticulture Club, Friends of the Refuge at Butte College, Gender and Sexuality Alliance, International Club, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship USA, Kinetic Sculpture Club, Literary Arts Club, Mechatronics Club, MESA Club, Motorsports Club, Native American Club, Nature Hikes Friends of the Refuge, Phi Theta Kappa, Political Advocacy and Civic Engagement, Pre-Health Professionals, Science Club, Skills Club, Speech and Debate Team, Sports Medicine Club, Start-up Club, Student Veterans Organization, Study Abroad Program, Sustainability Resource Center, Symbiotic Solutions, The National Student Nurses Association, Welding Club
Arts and Music Programs:
3D Animation, Art Gallery, Ceramics, Digital Arts, Fashion Club, Music and Audio Production Club, Music Ensemble Band, Music Ensemble Choir, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Radio TV and Film Program, Sculpture and 3D Design, Theatre Production
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Butte College is a campus full of resources for students looking to move on to any career. We have the support of our administrators, staff, and faculty in all areas of our personal interest, as well as our scholastic goals. As a student who wants to make a difference, Butte College and the Office of Student Life gives a chance to be involved in real decisions that will effect students for years to come. The Office of Student Life involvement is at an all time high, with a new office environment, a major publicity campaign on the way, and an advisor and staff that are dedicated to our success. There has never been a better time to get involved, and together we can shape the future of this campus and our community. The Counseling Center provides academic, personal and career counseling services for students wishing to fulfill vocational, transfer, personal and/or professional development goals. Counselors assist students by exploring interests, abilities and achievements as well as determining goals and planning programs to attain those goals. With 186 degree and certificate programs, there's something for you at Butte College. Fulfill your general education requirements at Butte College and transfer to a CSU or UC. Butte College has one of the highest transfer rates of students to CSU, Chico. Once at Butte College, we invite you to participate in some of our student organizations such as the Asian Club, Engineering Club, or Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
- The nearest community college to Butte College is Cambridge Junior College-Yuba City (35.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 159 students | 35.30 Mi990-A Klamath Lane
Yuba City,  CA  95993
- 6,640 students | 36.80 Mi2088 N Beale Rd
Marysville,  CA  95901
- 1,715 students | 41.60 Mi570 Golden Eagle Ave
Quincy,  CA  95971
- 18,565 students | 63.80 Mi5000 Rocklin Road
Rocklin,  CA  95677
- 2,554 students | 68.80 Mi2300 E Gibson Rd
Woodland,  CA  95776
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.