Lassen Community College
- Lassen is a public institution, open to all high school graduates, or non-graduates. The current enrollment is approximately 2,000 on the Susanville campus. Of those, about 700 are full-time students. We have Outreach Centers offering classes in Westwood, Herlong, Big Valley and Modoc, Mono, and Sierra Counties. Our total district enrollment is over 3,000 students.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 9% over five years.
|Lassen Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||92 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,557 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||592 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,965 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||116||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.66||0.73|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The main campus of Lassen Community College is in Susanville, California. Susanville, California is the county seat for Lassen County, is located in the northeast corner of California. The Susanville campus is built on 165 acres and encompasses 18 buildings. Lassen is a terrific place to explore career possibilities, prepare for future technological changes, or concentrate on the first two years of an advanced degree program. Our Career and Technical Education programs are constantly changing to provide the most current training possible. Many of the programs use a hands-on concept that complements the classroom learning. Our academic programs are geared to prepare students for their transfer to a four-year institution or to complete a well-rounded preparation for the world of work. We offer assistance through Extended Opportunities Program and Services (EOP&S), Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSP&S), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE), CalWorks, Workability III Program, Learning Disabilities Program, our Learning Center with a tutoring service is free to Lassen Community College students and a computer lab for student use.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,715 students | 47.20 Mi570 Golden Eagle Ave
Quincy,  CA  95971
- 11,106 students | 83.40 Mi7000 Dandini Blvd
Reno,  NV  89512
- 13,089 students | 83.80 Mi3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville,  CA  95965
- 581 students | 87.40 Mi1421 Pullman Dr.
Sparks,  NV  89434
- 8,342 students | 87.90 Mi11555 Old Oregon Trail
Redding,  CA  96003
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.