- Lassen is a public institution, open to all high school graduates, or non-graduates. The current enrollment is approximately 2,000 on the Susanville campus. Of those, about 700 are full-time students. We have Outreach Centers offering classes in Westwood, Herlong, Big Valley and Modoc, Mono, and Sierra Counties. Our total district enrollment is over 3,000 students.
Lassen Community College serves 1,821 students (26% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,821 students
- In-state tuition: $1,127
- Out-state tuition: $5,903
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 51%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lassen Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 153 teachers has grown by 173% over five years.
Lassen Community College
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Lassen Community College has declined by 26% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Lassen Community College diversity score of 0.69 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,127 is less than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,903 is less than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The main campus of Lassen Community College is in Susanville, California. Susanville, California is the county seat for Lassen County, is located in the northeast corner of California. The Susanville campus is built on 165 acres and encompasses 18 buildings. Lassen is a terrific place to explore career possibilities, prepare for future technological changes, or concentrate on the first two years of an advanced degree program. Our Career and Technical Education programs are constantly changing to provide the most current training possible. Many of the programs use a hands-on concept that complements the classroom learning. Our academic programs are geared to prepare students for their transfer to a four-year institution or to complete a well-rounded preparation for the world of work. We offer assistance through Extended Opportunities Program and Services (EOP&S), Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSP&S), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE), CalWorks, Workability III Program, Learning Disabilities Program, our Learning Center with a tutoring service is free to Lassen Community College students and a computer lab for student use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lassen Community College cost?
Lassen Community College's tuition is approximately $1,127 for In-State students and $5,903 for Out-State students.
What is Lassen Community College's ranking?
Lassen Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Least expensive tuition.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.