Lassen Community College
Tel: (530) 257-6181
- Lassen is a public institution, open to all high school graduates, or non-graduates. The current enrollment is approximately 2,000 on the Susanville campus. Of those, about 700 are full-time students. We have Outreach Centers offering classes in Westwood, Herlong, Big Valley and Modoc, Mono, and Sierra Counties. Our total district enrollment is over 3,000 students.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lassen Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The main campus of Lassen Community College is in Susanville, California. Susanville, California is the county seat for Lassen County, is located in the northeast corner of California. The Susanville campus is built on 165 acres and encompasses 18 buildings. Lassen is a terrific place to explore career possibilities, prepare for future technological changes, or concentrate on the first two years of an advanced degree program. Our Career and Technical Education programs are constantly changing to provide the most current training possible. Many of the programs use a hands-on concept that complements the classroom learning. Our academic programs are geared to prepare students for their transfer to a four-year institution or to complete a well-rounded preparation for the world of work. We offer assistance through Extended Opportunities Program and Services (EOP&S), Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSP&S), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE), CalWorks, Workability III Program, Learning Disabilities Program, our Learning Center with a tutoring service is free to Lassen Community College students and a computer lab for student use.
The nearest community college to Lassen Community College is Feather River Community College District (38.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,216 students | 38.00 Mi570 Golden Eagle Ave
Quincy,  CA  95971
(530) 283-0202 38.002,216
- 10,861 students | 74.40 Mi7000 Dandini Blvd
Reno,  NV  89512
(775) 673-7000 74.4010,861
- 10,872 students | 76.30 Mi3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville,  CA  95965
(530) 895-2511 76.3010,872
- 376 students | 78.60 Mi1421 Pullman Dr.
Sparks,  NV  89434
(775) 856-2266 78.60376
- 9,105 students | 89.40 Mi11555 Old Oregon Trail
Redding,  CA  96003
(530) 242-7500 89.409,105
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.