Central Louisiana Technical Community College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (318) 487-5443
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Central Louisiana Technical Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
The teacher population of 99 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Louisiana Technical Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Other Fields||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||99 staff||26 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Central Louisiana Technical Community College is Blue Cliff College-Alexandria (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 459 students | 2.30 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
(318) 445-2778 2.30459
- 3,164 students | 6.20 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
(318) 445-3672 6.203,164
- 319 students | 30.20 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
(318) 876-2401 30.20319
- n/a students | 34.30 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
(318) 335-3944 34.30n/a
- 127 students | 37.10 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
(337) 363-2197 37.10127
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.