- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Central Louisiana Technical Community College serves 2,192 students (50% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 55%.
- Enrollment: 2,192 students
- In-state tuition: $1,783
- Out-state tuition: $3,162
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 47%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 153 teachers has grown by 54% over five years.
Central Louisiana Technical Community College
(LA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
The student population of Central Louisiana Technical Community College has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Central Louisiana Technical Community College diversity score of 0.61 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,783 is less than the state average of $2,971. The in-state tuition has declined by 56% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,162 is less than the state average of $6,101. The out-state tuition has declined by 61% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Central Louisiana Technical Community College cost?
Central Louisiana Technical Community College's tuition is approximately $1,783 for In-State students and $3,162 for Out-State students.
What schools are Central Louisiana Technical Community College often compared to?
Central Louisiana Technical Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Louisiana State University-Alexandria by visitors of our site.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.