Central Louisiana Technical Community College
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Central Louisiana Technical Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 99 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Louisiana Technical Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||99 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,049 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||938 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,111 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Central Louisiana Technical Community College is Blue Cliff College-Alexandria (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 271 students | 2.20 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
- 2,702 students | 7.20 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 319 students | 30.20 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- n/a students | 34.30 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
- 127 students | 39.10 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.