Central Louisiana Technical Community College
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (318) 487-5443
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Central Louisiana Technical Community College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
The teacher population of 99 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Louisiana Technical Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Other Fields||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||99 staff||26 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Central Louisiana Technical Community College is Blue Cliff College-Alexandria (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 459 students | 2.30 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria, LA 71301
(318) 445-2778 2.30459
- 3,164 students | 6.20 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria, LA 71302
(318) 445-3672 6.203,164
- 319 students | 30.20 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport, LA 71327
(318) 876-2401 30.20319
- 689 students | 34.30 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale, LA 71463
(318) 335-3944 34.30689
- 127 students | 37.10 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337) 363-2197 37.10127
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?