Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||19%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment. Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus offers less-than-2-year certificate Culinary Arts + Chef Training. A program that prepares individuals to provide professional chef and related cooking services in restaurants and other commercial food establishments. Includes instruction in recipe and menu planning, preparing and cooking of foods, supervising and training kitchen assistants, the management of food supplies and kitchen resources, aesthetics of food presentation, and familiarity or mastery of a wide variety of cuisines and culinary techniques. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus is Louisiana State University-Alexandria (24.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,164 students | 24.10 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria, LA 71302
(318) 445-3672 24.103,164
- 127 students | 26.60 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337) 363-2197 26.60127
- 2,688 students | 30.20 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria, LA 71302
(318) 487-5443 30.202,688
- 660 students | 31.10 Mi332 E South St
Opelousas, LA 70570
- 459 students | 32.50 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria, LA 71301
(318) 445-2778 32.50459
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?