Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus
Tel: (318) 876-2401
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||319 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||19%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment. Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus offers less-than-2-year certificate Culinary Arts + Chef Training. A program that prepares individuals to provide professional chef and related cooking services in restaurants and other commercial food establishments. Includes instruction in recipe and menu planning, preparing and cooking of foods, supervising and training kitchen assistants, the management of food supplies and kitchen resources, aesthetics of food presentation, and familiarity or mastery of a wide variety of cuisines and culinary techniques. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Avoyelles Campus is Louisiana State University-Alexandria (24.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,702 students | 24.10 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
(318) 445-3672 24.102,702
- 127 students | 26.60 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
(337) 363-2197 26.60127
- 2,049 students | 30.20 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria,  LA  71302
(318) 487-5443 30.202,049
- n/a students | 31.10 Mi332 E South St
Opelousas,  LA  70570
- 271 students | 32.50 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
(318) 445-2778 32.50271
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.