Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu
- In keeping with the mission of the Louisiana Technical College System, the primary purpose of LTC, Charles B. Coreil Campus is to instruct students to such competency levels that they are qualified for employment and/or advancement in existing or potential occupations in this service area.
|Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||127 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||79%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Charles B Coreil Campus is located in the city of Ville Platte, the heart of Evangeline Parish. We are a vocational and technical college delivering courses and programs through on-campus instruction and the Internet. Louisiana Technical College (LTC), Charles B Coreil Campus delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. This campus provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business, and industry needs within a life-long learning environment. Workforce development is our mission. Our purpose is to train, retrain, cross-train, and continually upgrade Louisiana's workforce so that individuals are employable at both entry and advanced levels. The business community served by this campus supports our endeavors and depends on us to provide them with an educated and technically competent workforce. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu is South Louisiana Technical College- T. H. Harris Campus (16.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 16.90 Mi332 E South St
Opelousas,  LA  70570
- 2,738 students | 19.50 Mi2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice,  LA  70535
- 319 students | 22.20 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- n/a students | 24.80 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
- 2,702 students | 31.90 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.