Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu
Tel: (337) 363-2197
- In keeping with the mission of the Louisiana Technical College System, the primary purpose of LTC, Charles B. Coreil Campus is to instruct students to such competency levels that they are qualified for employment and/or advancement in existing or potential occupations in this service area.
|Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||79%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Charles B Coreil Campus is located in the city of Ville Platte, the heart of Evangeline Parish. We are a vocational and technical college delivering courses and programs through on-campus instruction and the Internet. Louisiana Technical College (LTC), Charles B Coreil Campus delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. This campus provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business, and industry needs within a life-long learning environment. Workforce development is our mission. Our purpose is to train, retrain, cross-train, and continually upgrade Louisiana's workforce so that individuals are employable at both entry and advanced levels. The business community served by this campus supports our endeavors and depends on us to provide them with an educated and technically competent workforce. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu is Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus (17.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 689 students | 17.70 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale, LA 71463
(318) 335-3944 17.70689
- 2,989 students | 19.10 Mi2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice, LA 70535
(337) 457-7311 19.102,989
- 660 students | 22.60 Mi332 E South St
Opelousas, LA 70570
- 319 students | 26.60 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport, LA 71327
(318) 876-2401 26.60319
- 3,381 students | 32.60 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria, LA 71302
(318) 445-3672 32.603,381
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.