Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu
- In keeping with the mission of the Louisiana Technical College System, the primary purpose of LTC, Charles B. Coreil Campus is to instruct students to such competency levels that they are qualified for employment and/or advancement in existing or potential occupations in this service area.
|Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||127 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.00||0.66|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||79%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||$10,800|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||$5,125|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Charles B Coreil Campus is located in the city of Ville Platte, the heart of Evangeline Parish. We are a vocational and technical college delivering courses and programs through on-campus instruction and the Internet. Louisiana Technical College (LTC), Charles B Coreil Campus delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. This campus provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business, and industry needs within a life-long learning environment. Workforce development is our mission. Our purpose is to train, retrain, cross-train, and continually upgrade Louisiana's workforce so that individuals are employable at both entry and advanced levels. The business community served by this campus supports our endeavors and depends on us to provide them with an educated and technically competent workforce. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,738 students | 19.50 Mi2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice,  LA  70535
- 319 students | 22.20 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- 2,702 students | 31.90 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 259 students | 36.10 Mi1933 W Hutchinson Ave
Crowley,  LA  70526
- 6,332 students | 36.70 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.