Blue Cliff College-Alexandria
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Alexandria||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||5|
|Total Enrollment||271 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||244 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||27 students||1,111 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Alexandria is Central Louisiana Technical Community College (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,049 students | 2.20 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 2,702 students | 8.90 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 319 students | 32.40 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- n/a students | 34.60 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
- 127 students | 40.60 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.