Louisiana State University-Alexandria
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria serves students and enriches community life by providing high quality academic programs in a learning environment that cultivates intellectual, professional, social, and economic growth; promotes research, service, and lifelong learning; and fosters diversity.
Louisiana State University-Alexandria places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana State University-Alexandria||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,702 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,549 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,153 students||1,111 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||240|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1959, LSUA is the only public institution of higher education in Central Louisiana. In 1959, the Louisiana Legislature authorized the establishment of LSUA as a two-year commuter college under the governance of the LSU Board of Supervisors. LSUA registered its first students in September of 1960. The first degree program, an Associate in Nursing degree, was initiated in the Division of Nursing in 1964. The additional academic divisions of Liberal Arts, Business Administration, and Sciences were developed in 1967. In 1974, LSUA was accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate degrees. This accreditation was reaffirmed in 1984 and 1994. LSUA offers four baccalaureate degrees and several associate degrees, such as Associate in Nursing, Associate of Science, Associate in Criminal Justice, A.S. in Computer Information Technology, and several others. Louisiana State University at Alexandria is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana State University-Alexandria is Central Louisiana Technical Community College (7.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,049 students | 7.20 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 271 students | 8.90 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
- 319 students | 24.70 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- n/a students | 28.90 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
- 127 students | 31.90 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.