Louisiana State University-Alexandria
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria serves students and enriches community life by providing high quality academic programs in a learning environment that cultivates intellectual, professional, social, and economic growth; promotes research, service, and lifelong learning; and fosters diversity.
Louisiana State University-Alexandria places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has declined by 53% over five years.
|Louisiana State University-Alexandria||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,702 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,549 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,153 students||1,111 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||302||240|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1959, LSUA is the only public institution of higher education in Central Louisiana. In 1959, the Louisiana Legislature authorized the establishment of LSUA as a two-year commuter college under the governance of the LSU Board of Supervisors. LSUA registered its first students in September of 1960. The first degree program, an Associate in Nursing degree, was initiated in the Division of Nursing in 1964. The additional academic divisions of Liberal Arts, Business Administration, and Sciences were developed in 1967. In 1974, LSUA was accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate degrees. This accreditation was reaffirmed in 1984 and 1994. LSUA offers four baccalaureate degrees and several associate degrees, such as Associate in Nursing, Associate of Science, Associate in Criminal Justice, A.S. in Computer Information Technology, and several others. Louisiana State University at Alexandria is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana State University-Alexandria is Central Louisiana Technical Community College (7.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,049 students | 7.20 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 271 students | 8.90 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
- 319 students | 24.70 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- n/a students | 28.90 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
- 127 students | 31.90 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
Learn more about the factors that can influence whether you graduate from community college.
We offer smart advice to students entering community college this fall to ensure they reap the greatest benefits from their time at the college.
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012