Louisiana State University-Alexandria
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria serves students and enriches community life by providing high quality academic programs in a learning environment that cultivates intellectual, professional, social, and economic growth; promotes research, service, and lifelong learning; and fosters diversity.
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has declined by 53% over five years.
|Louisiana State University-Alexandria||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,702 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,549 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,153 students||1,111 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||302||240|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1959, LSUA is the only public institution of higher education in Central Louisiana. In 1959, the Louisiana Legislature authorized the establishment of LSUA as a two-year commuter college under the governance of the LSU Board of Supervisors. LSUA registered its first students in September of 1960. The first degree program, an Associate in Nursing degree, was initiated in the Division of Nursing in 1964. The additional academic divisions of Liberal Arts, Business Administration, and Sciences were developed in 1967. In 1974, LSUA was accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate degrees. This accreditation was reaffirmed in 1984 and 1994. LSUA offers four baccalaureate degrees and several associate degrees, such as Associate in Nursing, Associate of Science, Associate in Criminal Justice, A.S. in Computer Information Technology, and several others. Louisiana State University at Alexandria is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,049 students | 7.20 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria,  LA  71302
- 271 students | 8.90 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
- 319 students | 24.70 Mi508 Choupique St
Cottonport,  LA  71327
- 127 students | 31.90 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
- 2,738 students | 47.30 Mi2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice,  LA  70535
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.