Louisiana State University-Alexandria
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria serves students and enriches community life by providing high quality academic programs in a learning environment that cultivates intellectual, professional, social, and economic growth; promotes research, service, and lifelong learning; and fosters diversity.
- Enrollment: 3,706 students
- In-state tuition: $6,009
- Out-state tuition: $12,868
- Acceptance Rate: 64%
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Louisiana State University-Alexandria ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1959, LSUA is the only public institution of higher education in Central Louisiana. In 1959, the Louisiana Legislature authorized the establishment of LSUA as a two-year commuter college under the governance of the LSU Board of Supervisors. LSUA registered its first students in September of 1960. The first degree program, an Associate in Nursing degree, was initiated in the Division of Nursing in 1964. The additional academic divisions of Liberal Arts, Business Administration, and Sciences were developed in 1967. In 1974, LSUA was accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate degrees. This accreditation was reaffirmed in 1984 and 1994. LSUA offers four baccalaureate degrees and several associate degrees, such as Associate in Nursing, Associate of Science, Associate in Criminal Justice, A.S. in Computer Information Technology, and several others. Louisiana State University at Alexandria is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Louisiana State University-Alexandria cost?
Louisiana State University-Alexandria's tuition is approximately $6,009 for In-State students and $12,868 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Louisiana State University-Alexandria?
The acceptance rate of Louisiana State University-Alexandria is 64%, which is lower than the state average of 79%.
What is Louisiana State University-Alexandria's ranking?
Louisiana State University-Alexandria ranks among the top 20% of community college in Louisiana for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).