Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||88%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus is Louisiana Technical College-Charles B Coreil Campu (17.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 127 students | 17.70 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
(337) 363-2197 17.70127
- 2,738 students | 27.50 Mi2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice,  LA  70535
(337) 457-7311 27.502,738
- 2,702 students | 32.60 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
(318) 445-3672 32.602,702
- 2,049 students | 34.30 Mi4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria,  LA  71302
(318) 487-5443 34.302,049
- 271 students | 34.70 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
(318) 445-2778 34.70271
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.