American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York
The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts has both the location and the program to move you closer to your dream. With campuses in the hearts of both New York City and Los Angeles, the Academy offers the aspiring actor a stimulating, inspiring environment and a fertile ground for professional and personal growth. The two campuses comprise one school, sharing the same philosophy, objectives and programs. The Academy's New York campus is right on Madison Avenue, in a landmark building designed by acclaimed architect Stanford White. The six-story structure has classrooms, rehearsal halls, dance studios, dressing rooms, a prop department and production workshop, a costume department, a library and a student lounge. Three theatres — a 169-seat proscenium theatre, a 164-seat thrust-stage theatre and an arena-style theater seating 103 — are used for classes and rehearsals as well as full productions. The Academy stresses practical, professional training for stage, film and television. The program is highly structured, focusing on acting, voice and speech, and movement, with an emphasis on self-discipline, self-discovery and, above all, individuality. At each stage of development, students' classroom knowledge is tested through onstage performances.
The nearest community college to American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York is Fashion Institute of Technology (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,764 students | 0.50 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
(212) 217-7999 0.509,764
- 411 students | 0.50 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
(212) 686-9040 0.50411
- 4,525 students | 0.60 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
(212) 986-4343 0.604,525
- 490 students | 0.60 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
(212) 349-4330 0.60490
- 278 students | 0.70 Mi766 The Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10001
(212) 614-6114 0.70278
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!