American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||253 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||253 students||1,163 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||143||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts has both the location and the program to move you closer to your dream. With campuses in the hearts of both New York City and Los Angeles, the Academy offers the aspiring actor a stimulating, inspiring environment and a fertile ground for professional and personal growth. The two campuses comprise one school, sharing the same philosophy, objectives and programs. The Academy's New York campus is right on Madison Avenue, in a landmark building designed by acclaimed architect Stanford White. The six-story structure has classrooms, rehearsal halls, dance studios, dressing rooms, a prop department and production workshop, a costume department, a library and a student lounge. Three theatres — a 169-seat proscenium theatre, a 164-seat thrust-stage theatre and an arena-style theater seating 103 — are used for classes and rehearsals as well as full productions. The Academy stresses practical, professional training for stage, film and television. The program is highly structured, focusing on acting, voice and speech, and movement, with an emphasis on self-discipline, self-discovery and, above all, individuality. At each stage of development, students' classroom knowledge is tested through onstage performances.
- The nearest community college to American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York is Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 278 students | 0.40 Mi766 The Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10001
- 9,764 students | 0.50 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
- 411 students | 0.50 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 4,525 students | 0.60 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 707 students | 1.30 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.