Globe Institute of Technology
- The mission of Globe Institute of Technology is to provide an education to students from diverse backgrounds, including those who have traditionally been underrepresented in higher education and to prepare students with market-ready skills necessary for successful career entry, development and advancement.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Globe Institute of Technology||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Globe Institute of Technology is an accredited, specialized institution of higher education offering baccalaureate, associate, and certificate programs in business and information technology. With a 1-to-10 Faculty-to-student ratio, our small college environment with large college resources in the heart of New York City's TriBeCa provides a challenging and broad based education. Globe also provides dorms and many social activities for our students. Globe offers you the choice of Bachelor and Associate degrees with over 120 different subjects in fields like Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Sports Management, Medical Management, Paralegal, Information Technology, and Computer Programming. We offer a special 5-year CPA program. Globe is also the only college on the east coast offering a Bachelor's degree in Video Game Development. Globe Institute of Technology is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education.
The nearest community college to Globe Institute of Technology is Stella and Charles Guttman Community College (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 955 students | 0.30 Mi50 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
(646) 313-8000 0.30955
- 199 students | 0.40 Mi766 Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
(212) 614-6114 0.40199
- 411 students | 0.40 Mi8 E 40th St
New York, NY 10016
(212) 686-9040 0.40411
- 3,696 students | 0.50 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York, NY 10017
(212) 986-4343 0.503,696
- 8,767 students | 0.50 Mi227 W 27th St
New York, NY 10001
(212) 217-7999 0.508,767
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.