- The mission of Globe Institute of Technology is to provide an education to students from diverse backgrounds, including those who have traditionally been underrepresented in higher education and to prepare students with market-ready skills necessary for successful career entry, development and advancement.
Globe Institute of Technology serves 490 students (96% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 92% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 490 students
- Private-state tuition: $11,120
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 92%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Globe Institute of Technology ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Globe Institute of Technology
(NY) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Private, for profit
The student population of Globe Institute of Technology has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Globe Institute of Technology diversity score of 0.65 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $11,120 is less than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Globe Institute of Technology is an accredited, specialized institution of higher education offering baccalaureate, associate, and certificate programs in business and information technology. With a 1-to-10 Faculty-to-student ratio, our small college environment with large college resources in the heart of New York City's TriBeCa provides a challenging and broad based education. Globe also provides dorms and many social activities for our students. Globe offers you the choice of Bachelor and Associate degrees with over 120 different subjects in fields like Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Sports Management, Medical Management, Paralegal, Information Technology, and Computer Programming. We offer a special 5-year CPA program. Globe is also the only college on the east coast offering a Bachelor's degree in Video Game Development. Globe Institute of Technology is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Globe Institute of Technology cost?
Globe Institute of Technology's private state tuition is approximately $11,120.
What is Globe Institute of Technology's ranking?
Globe Institute of Technology ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Average community college minority breakdown and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.