Berkeley College-New York
Berkeley College-New York places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 179 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkeley College-New York||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||179 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Berkeley's educational traditions date back to 1931 when the school first opened in East Orange, New Jersey as a private institution dedicated to executive secretarial training for women. From an initial class of 50 students, learning in two rented classrooms in a Spanish villa, Berkeley has grown to its current student body of more than 5,000 students -- including more than 400 students in its International Division -- with six locations in New Jersey and New York. Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. The New York City and White Plains campuses are authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.); and their programs are registered by the New York State Education Department. Established in 1936, the New York City campus of Berkeley College has more than 1,700 day, evening, and weekend students earning degrees and certificates. The facilities feature state-of-the art computer labs and more than 200 classroom computers throughout the buildings, with the most current software programs available today. Students can also access the Internet.
The nearest community college to Berkeley College-New York is Wood Tobe-Coburn School (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 411 students | 0.20 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
(212) 686-9040 0.20411
- 490 students | 0.50 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
(212) 349-4330 0.50490
- 253 students | 0.60 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
(212) 686-9244 0.60253
- 707 students | 0.80 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
(212) 247-3434 0.80707
- 9,764 students | 0.90 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
(212) 217-7999 0.909,764
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!