Fashion Institute of Technology
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) takes innovation to skyscraper heights. When you enroll at FIT, you join a long line of ambitious, energetic pacesetters. We have a tradition of teaching and inspiring emerging leaders, which arises from a powerful blend of a rigorous liberal arts foundation coupled with a real-world curriculum and hands-on instruction; a worldwide network of alumni; a strong relationship with industry leaders; a world-class faculty of working professionals; a direct connection to New York City culture and commerce.
Fashion Institute of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 478 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fashion Institute of Technology||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||478 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,764 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,578 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,186 students||538 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||7,454 students||1,104 students|
|# Graduate Students||124 students||95 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||2,300||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$50,500||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fashion Institute of Technology is Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 278 students | 0.20 Mi766 The Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10001
- 253 students | 0.50 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
- 411 students | 0.70 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 4,525 students | 0.90 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 707 students | 1.30 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.