Valley Forge Military College
- Founded in 1928, Valley Forge features an all-male college-preparatory boarding school and a co-educational two-year transfer college. The 120-acre campus of Valley Forge Military Academy & College is located in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
Valley Forge Military College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Valley Forge Military College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||322 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||322 students||372 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,700||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Valley Forge Military College is a private, co-educational, two-year college enrolling approximately 220 cadets in its first- and second-year programs. Students benefit from a complete military school education that encompasses a strong academic program, leadership opportunities, character development, athletic competition and physical fitness, extracurricular activities and social interaction with a diverse group of peers. Our academic program leads to an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree. Associate of Arts degree is offered in Liberal Arts, Business, Leadership/Entrepreneurial Studies, General Studies and Criminal Justice. Associate of Science degree is offered in Pre-Engineering, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences and General Sciences. Transfer of academic credits and completion of a Valley Forge Military College associate degree is facilitated by established relationships with our consortium institutions; Eastern University, Rosemont College and Cabrini College. VMFC College Transfer Officers and Advisors successfully guide students toward the ultimate completion of a baccalaureate degree in concert with the assistance from several outstanding colleges and universities. The Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. It holds memberships in the Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States (AMCSUS), the Council for Religion in Independent Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), the Boarding School Headmasters' Association, and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Valley Forge is designated as an honor unit, with distinction, by the Department of the U.S. Army.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,588 students | 4.50 Mi750 Montgomery Ave
Bryn Mawr,  PA  19010
- 12,459 students | 6.20 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
- 337 students | 6.70 Mi1991 Sproul Road Suite 42
Broomall,  PA  19008
- 188 students | 9.70 Mi300 Montgomery Ave
Glenside,  PA  19038
- 12,805 students | 10.00 Mi340 Dekalb Pike
Blue Bell,  PA  19422
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.