- Founded in 1928, Valley Forge features an all-male college-preparatory boarding school and a co-educational two-year transfer college. The 120-acre campus of Valley Forge Military Academy & College is located in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
Valley Forge Military College serves 110 students (83% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 110 students
- Private-state tuition: $25,466
- Acceptance Rate: 97%
- Student:teacher ratio: 3:1
- Minority enrollment: 50%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Valley Forge Military College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 76% over five years.
Valley Forge Military College
(PA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Valley Forge Military College has declined by 58% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Valley Forge Military College diversity score of 0.68 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $25,466 is more than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has declined by 15% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Valley Forge Military College is a private, co-educational, two-year college enrolling approximately 220 cadets in its first- and second-year programs. Students benefit from a complete military school education that encompasses a strong academic program, leadership opportunities, character development, athletic competition and physical fitness, extracurricular activities and social interaction with a diverse group of peers. Our academic program leads to an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree. Associate of Arts degree is offered in Liberal Arts, Business, Leadership/Entrepreneurial Studies, General Studies and Criminal Justice. Associate of Science degree is offered in Pre-Engineering, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences and General Sciences. Transfer of academic credits and completion of a Valley Forge Military College associate degree is facilitated by established relationships with our consortium institutions; Eastern University, Rosemont College and Cabrini College. VMFC College Transfer Officers and Advisors successfully guide students toward the ultimate completion of a baccalaureate degree in concert with the assistance from several outstanding colleges and universities. The Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. It holds memberships in the Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States (AMCSUS), the Council for Religion in Independent Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), the Boarding School Headmasters' Association, and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Valley Forge is designated as an honor unit, with distinction, by the Department of the U.S. Army.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Valley Forge Military College cost?
Valley Forge Military College's private state tuition is approximately $25,466.
What schools are Valley Forge Military College often compared to?
Valley Forge Military Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Westmoreland County Community College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Valley Forge Military College?
The acceptance rate of Valley Forge Military College is 97%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
What is Valley Forge Military College's ranking?
Valley Forge Military College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Diversity in US community colleges, Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.