Harcum College Photo #2 - Hatcher is Harcum's Mascot. He is named after the College's founder, Edith Hatcher Harcum.
- Founded in Bryn Mawr, PA in 1915 by Edith and Octavius Harcum, Harcum College has for over a century educated students in the arts and occupational skills, respecting each student as an individual with personal needs, interests, aptitudes, and aspirations.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 59% over five years.
|Harcum College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,588 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,045 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||543 students||246 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||300||300|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$34,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Harcum has more than 20 majors in the liberal arts and professional studies, including dental hygiene, early childhood education, physical therapy, law & justice, and nursing, among others. The College offers Continuing Education and Professional Development courses, and degree programs at various partnership sites across the Delaware Valley. For admissions information call 610-526-6050 or email
- About 1,600 students from a variety of racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds attend Harcum. Roughly 5% of students live on campus.There are dozens of student clubs and organizations in academic fields, sports, the arts, international and multicultural activities, community service, student government, publications and media, and other areas. Student life is lively off campus as well, as students take advantage of sports, cultural, and recreational opportunities on the suburban Main Line and in nearby Philadelphia.
- Harcum College has a respected and strong reputation in NJCAA Division I Athletics. Women`s basketball, men`s basketball, and women`s volleyball have all made it to their respective national championships.
- Here are some quick facts about Harcum Athletics:
- Men's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Women's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor), Volleyball
- Conference: NJCAA Region 19
- Nickname: Bears
- Colors: Purple and White
- Athletic Director: Drew Kelly
- Athletic Dept. Phone: 610-526-6669
- Athletic Dept. Fax: 610-526-6176
- Athletic Director Email: email@example.com
- College Location Mi. Students
- 322 students | 4.50 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
- 12,459 students | 5.70 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
- 188 students | 7.20 Mi300 Montgomery Ave
Glenside,  PA  19038
- 396 students | 7.40 Mi4207 Walnut St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 533 students | 7.90 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.