Tel: (610) 525-4100
Harcum College Photo #2 - Hatcher is Harcum's Mascot. He is named after the College's founder, Edith Hatcher Harcum.
- Founded in Bryn Mawr, PA in 1915 by Edith and Octavius Harcum, Harcum College has for over a century educated students in the arts and occupational skills, respecting each student as an individual with personal needs, interests, aptitudes, and aspirations.
The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Harcum College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||36 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Harcum has more than 20 majors in the liberal arts and professional studies, including dental hygiene, early childhood education, physical therapy, law & justice, and nursing, among others. The College offers Continuing Education and Professional Development courses, and degree programs at various partnership sites across the Delaware Valley. For admissions information call 610-526-6050 or email
- About 1,600 students from a variety of racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds attend Harcum. Roughly 5% of students live on campus.There are dozens of student clubs and organizations in academic fields, sports, the arts, international and multicultural activities, community service, student government, publications and media, and other areas. Student life is lively off campus as well, as students take advantage of sports, cultural, and recreational opportunities on the suburban Main Line and in nearby Philadelphia.
- Harcum College has a respected and strong reputation in NJCAA Division I Athletics. Women`s basketball, men`s basketball, and women`s volleyball have all made it to their respective national championships.
- Here are some quick facts about Harcum Athletics:
- Men's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Women's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor), Volleyball
- Conference: NJCAA Region 19
- Nickname: Bears
- Colors: Purple and White
- Athletic Director: Drew Kelly
- Athletic Dept. Phone: 610-526-6669
- Athletic Dept. Fax: 610-526-6176
- Athletic Director Email: email@example.com
- College Location Mi. Students
- 306 students | 4.30 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
(610) 989-1450 4.30306
- 188 students | 7.30 Mi300 Montgomery Ave
Glenside, PA 19038
(215) 836-2222 7.30188
- 396 students | 7.40 Mi4207 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 222-4200 7.40396
- 533 students | 7.80 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 382-1553 7.80533
- 16,672 students | 8.80 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia, PA 19130
(215) 751-8000 8.8016,672
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?