Tel: (610) 526-6050
Harcum College Photo #2 - Hatcher is Harcum's Mascot. He is named after the College's founder, Edith Hatcher Harcum.
- Founded in Bryn Mawr, PA in 1915 by Edith and Octavius Harcum, Harcum College has for over a century educated students in the arts and occupational skills, respecting each student as an individual with personal needs, interests, aptitudes, and aspirations.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 59% over five years.
|Harcum College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,588 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,045 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||543 students||246 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||300||300|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$34,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Harcum has more than 20 majors in the liberal arts and professional studies, including dental hygiene, early childhood education, physical therapy, law & justice, and nursing, among others. The College offers Continuing Education and Professional Development courses, and degree programs at various partnership sites across the Delaware Valley. For admissions information call 610-526-6050 or email
- About 1,600 students from a variety of racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds attend Harcum. Roughly 5% of students live on campus.There are dozens of student clubs and organizations in academic fields, sports, the arts, international and multicultural activities, community service, student government, publications and media, and other areas. Student life is lively off campus as well, as students take advantage of sports, cultural, and recreational opportunities on the suburban Main Line and in nearby Philadelphia.
- Harcum College has a respected and strong reputation in NJCAA Division I Athletics. Women`s basketball, men`s basketball, and women`s volleyball have all made it to their respective national championships.
- Here are some quick facts about Harcum Athletics:
- Men's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Women's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor), Volleyball
- Conference: NJCAA Region 19
- Nickname: Bears
- Colors: Purple and White
- Athletic Director: Drew Kelly
- Athletic Dept. Phone: 610-526-6669
- Athletic Dept. Fax: 610-526-6176
- Athletic Director Email: email@example.com
- College Location Mi. Students
- 322 students | 4.30 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
(610) 989-1200 4.30322
- 188 students | 7.30 Mi300 Montgomery Ave
Glenside,  PA  19038
(215) 836-2222 7.30188
- 396 students | 7.40 Mi4207 Walnut St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 222-4200 7.40396
- 533 students | 7.80 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 382-1553 7.80533
- 19,119 students | 8.80 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 751-8000 8.8019,119
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.