Harcum College Photo #2 - Hatcher is Harcum's Mascot. He is named after the College's founder, Edith Hatcher Harcum.
- Founded in Bryn Mawr, PA in 1915 by Edith and Octavius Harcum, Harcum College has for over a century educated students in the arts and occupational skills, respecting each student as an individual with personal needs, interests, aptitudes, and aspirations.
Harcum College serves 1,150 students (63% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,150 students
- Private-state tuition: $21,160
- Acceptance Rate: 94%
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 61%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Harcum College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 275 teachers has grown by 116% over five years.
(PA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Harcum College has declined by 22% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 5:1 over five years.
The Harcum College diversity score of 0.69 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $21,160 is more than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Reading (Year 2007)
SAT Math (Year 2007)
Total Sports Offered
Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Harcum has more than 20 majors in the liberal arts and professional studies, including dental hygiene, early childhood education, physical therapy, law & justice, and nursing, among others. The College offers Continuing Education and Professional Development courses, and degree programs at various partnership sites across the Delaware Valley. For admissions information call 610-526-6050 or email
- About 1,600 students from a variety of racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds attend Harcum. Roughly 5% of students live on campus.There are dozens of student clubs and organizations in academic fields, sports, the arts, international and multicultural activities, community service, student government, publications and media, and other areas. Student life is lively off campus as well, as students take advantage of sports, cultural, and recreational opportunities on the suburban Main Line and in nearby Philadelphia.
- Harcum College has a respected and strong reputation in NJCAA Division I Athletics. Women`s basketball, men`s basketball, and women`s volleyball have all made it to their respective national championships.
- Here are some quick facts about Harcum Athletics:
- Men's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Women's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor), Volleyball
- Conference: NJCAA Region 19
- Nickname: Bears
- Colors: Purple and White
- Athletic Director: Drew Kelly
- Athletic Dept. Phone: 610-526-6669
- Athletic Dept. Fax: 610-526-6176
- Athletic Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Harcum College cost?
Harcum College's private state tuition is approximately $21,160.
What is the acceptance rate of Harcum College?
The acceptance rate of Harcum College is 94%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
What sports does Harcum College offer?
Harcum College offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Harcum College's ranking?
Harcum College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Diversity in US community colleges and Average community college minority breakdown.
The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007
Learn more about The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 ("CCRAA" or the "Act"), which was enacted to make college more affordable for low- and moderate-income students by phasing in increases in government grants.
Low Standards Mean Higher Failure Rates at Community Colleges
We look at a recent study by the National Center on Education and the Economy that indicates standards are too low at community colleges today. That low bar results in a high failure rate in the job market.