Tel: (610) 525-4100
Harcum College Photo #2 - Hatcher is Harcum's Mascot. He is named after the College's founder, Edith Hatcher Harcum.
- Founded in Bryn Mawr, PA in 1915 by Edith and Octavius Harcum, Harcum College has for over a century educated students in the arts and occupational skills, respecting each student as an individual with personal needs, interests, aptitudes, and aspirations.
The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Harcum College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||36 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Harcum has more than 20 majors in the liberal arts and professional studies, including dental hygiene, early childhood education, physical therapy, law & justice, and nursing, among others. The College offers Continuing Education and Professional Development courses, and degree programs at various partnership sites across the Delaware Valley. For admissions information call 610-526-6050 or email
- About 1,600 students from a variety of racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds attend Harcum. Roughly 5% of students live on campus.There are dozens of student clubs and organizations in academic fields, sports, the arts, international and multicultural activities, community service, student government, publications and media, and other areas. Student life is lively off campus as well, as students take advantage of sports, cultural, and recreational opportunities on the suburban Main Line and in nearby Philadelphia.
- Harcum College has a respected and strong reputation in NJCAA Division I Athletics. Women`s basketball, men`s basketball, and women`s volleyball have all made it to their respective national championships.
- Here are some quick facts about Harcum Athletics:
- Men's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Women's Teams: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor), Volleyball
- Conference: NJCAA Region 19
- Nickname: Bears
- Colors: Purple and White
- Athletic Director: Drew Kelly
- Athletic Dept. Phone: 610-526-6669
- Athletic Dept. Fax: 610-526-6176
- Athletic Director Email: email@example.com
- College Location Mi. Students
- 306 students | 4.30 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
(610) 989-1450 4.30306
- 188 students | 7.30 Mi300 Montgomery Ave
Glenside,  PA  19038
(215) 836-2222 7.30188
- 396 students | 7.40 Mi4207 Walnut St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 222-4200 7.40396
- 533 students | 7.80 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 382-1553 7.80533
- 16,672 students | 8.80 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 751-8000 8.8016,672
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.