Westmoreland County Community College
- At Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC) we are committed to providing a curriculum, be it a course, program, or degree, that will challenge you intellectually and cultivate your problem-solving skills. We want you to learn how to learn, how to investigate problems and reach viable solutions. This process calls for hard work and commitment. We are committed to modeling these attributes as we work with you. We are confident that you will challenge yourself, grow in significant ways and become all that you can be. WCCC is a learning-centered college focused on student success, a catalyst for economic growth, a leader in workforce development, and a hub for cultural and artistic experiences.
- Enrollment: 4,369 students
- In-state tuition: $6,990
- Out-state tuition: $9,930
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 8%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The main campus is located at Youngwood, PA. The 80-acre campus comprises four buildings. Founders Hall, Commissioners Hall and Science Hall house general classrooms, science laboratories, computer and desktop publishing laboratories, multimedia technology laboratory, culinary arts laboratory with dining facility, dental hygiene clinic, greenhouse, theater, art gallery, library, Student Services, Learning Assistance Center, Campus Children's Center, bookstore, student lounges, cafeteria, gymnasium, racquetball courts, fitness center, and indoor running track. The college offers associate in arts degree, associate in applied science degree, diploma and certificate. There are 62 associate degree, 12 diploma, and 38 certificate programs with options that prepare students for careers or transfer to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year institutions. The college offers academic programs which parallel the first two years of a baccalaureate degree program, comprehensive occupational programs which prepare students for employment in a broad array of technical fields, a strong core of general education which prepares students to live and work in an increasingly complex and diverse society, and developmental education, which enables students to overcome academic deficiencies in order to be successful in college-level courses. The college also offers a variety of noncredit courses to meet short-term educational goals as well as to provide leisure and recreational activities for people of all ages. Westmoreland County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Westmoreland County Community College cost?
Westmoreland County Community College's tuition is approximately $6,990 for In-State students and $9,930 for Out-State students.