Westmoreland County Community College
- At Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC) we are committed to providing a curriculum, be it a course, program, or degree, that will challenge you intellectually and cultivate your problem-solving skills. We want you to learn how to learn, how to investigate problems and reach viable solutions. This process calls for hard work and commitment. We are committed to modeling these attributes as we work with you. We are confident that you will challenge yourself, grow in significant ways and become all that you can be. WCCC is a learning-centered college focused on student success, a catalyst for economic growth, a leader in workforce development, and a hub for cultural and artistic experiences.
- The teacher population of 193 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Westmoreland County Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||193 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,638 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,679 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,959 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,200||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The main campus is located at Youngwood, PA. The 80-acre campus comprises four buildings. Founders Hall, Commissioners Hall and Science Hall house general classrooms, science laboratories, computer and desktop publishing laboratories, multimedia technology laboratory, culinary arts laboratory with dining facility, dental hygiene clinic, greenhouse, theater, art gallery, library, Student Services, Learning Assistance Center, Campus Children's Center, bookstore, student lounges, cafeteria, gymnasium, racquetball courts, fitness center, and indoor running track. The college offers associate in arts degree, associate in applied science degree, diploma and certificate. There are 62 associate degree, 12 diploma, and 38 certificate programs with options that prepare students for careers or transfer to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year institutions. The college offers academic programs which parallel the first two years of a baccalaureate degree program, comprehensive occupational programs which prepare students for employment in a broad array of technical fields, a strong core of general education which prepares students to live and work in an increasingly complex and diverse society, and developmental education, which enables students to overcome academic deficiencies in order to be successful in college-level courses. The college also offers a variety of noncredit courses to meet short-term educational goals as well as to provide leisure and recreational activities for people of all ages. Westmoreland County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Westmoreland County Community College is Triangle Tech Inc-Greensburg (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 186 students | 4.90 Mi222 E Pittsburgh St Ste A
Greensburg,  PA  15601
- 267 students | 17.80 Mi130 7th St
Monessen,  PA  15062
- 104 students | 20.50 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
- 382 students | 21.10 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 906 students | 23.10 Mi500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville,  PA  15717
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.