Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
- The mission of the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology is to provide the best collegiate career-enhancing education, personal growth experience and four-year college transfer opportunities to committed learners.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
|Pennsylvania Institute of Technology||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||661 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||444 students||354 students|
|# Part-Time Students||217 students||217 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.59||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Pennsylvania Institute of Technology was founded in April 1953 by Walter R. Garrison, a practicing engineer. He recognized the need for practicing engineers to perform stress analysis in the aircraft and civil/architectural fields. An office and classroom were secured in Upper Darby, PA, and classes began in mathematics, stress analysis and other technical subjects. By 1962 students and classes had outgrown those rented facilities and P.I.T. purchased larger facilities in Upper Darby. P.I.T. remained in Upper Darby for almost 20 years until the growth of the programs and students necessitated a move in 1982 to today's lovely, spacious, 14 acre Rose Valley campus. P.I.T. recently renovated nine classrooms to accommodate the addition of its Allied Health division. P.I.T. offers two-year Associate's Degrees in technical, business and medical programs which prepare students for immediate entry into the workforce or transfer to a four-year college or university. In addition, P.I.T. offers an Accelerated Business degree that can be completed within one year via both “brick and click.” Degree and Certificate programs at P.I.T. are recognized, supported, and developed with the help of business, industry, and other institutions. P.I.T. offers students nine Associate's Degree programs and a number of certificate programs in Engineering Technology, Allied Health, Information Technology and Business. The Pennsylvania Institute of Technology is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. It also is approved as a two-year College by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,459 students | 4.00 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
- 337 students | 4.10 Mi1991 Sproul Road Suite 42
Broomall,  PA  19008
- 1,588 students | 8.80 Mi750 Montgomery Ave
Bryn Mawr,  PA  19010
- 396 students | 10.10 Mi4207 Walnut St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 322 students | 10.10 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.