Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
- The mission of Pennsylvania Institute of Technology is Student Success. The College provides a supportive environment to enable committed students to succeed by offering the best collegiate education for career advancement, transfer opportunities, and personal growth.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
|Pennsylvania Institute of Technology||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||661 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||444 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||217 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Pennsylvania Institute of Technology was founded in April 1953 by Walter R. Garrison, a practicing engineer. He recognized the need for practicing engineers to perform stress analysis in the aircraft and civil/architectural fields. An office and classroom were secured in Upper Darby, PA, and classes began in mathematics, stress analysis and other technical subjects. By 1962 students and classes had outgrown those rented facilities and P.I.T. purchased larger facilities in Upper Darby. P.I.T. remained in Upper Darby for almost 20 years until the growth of the programs and students necessitated a move in 1982 to today's lovely, spacious, 14 acre Rose Valley campus. P.I.T. recently renovated nine classrooms to accommodate the addition of its Allied Health division. P.I.T. offers two-year Associate's Degrees in technical, business and medical programs which prepare students for immediate entry into the workforce or transfer to a four-year college or university. In addition, P.I.T. offers an Accelerated Business degree that can be completed within one year via both "brick and click." Degree and Certificate programs at P.I.T. are recognized, supported, and developed with the help of business, industry, and other institutions. P.I.T. offers students nine Associate's Degree programs and a number of certificate programs in Engineering Technology, Allied Health, Information Technology and Business. The Pennsylvania Institute of Technology is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. It also is approved as a two-year College by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania Institute of Technology is Delaware County Community College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,459 students | 4.00 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
- 337 students | 4.10 Mi1991 Sproul Road Suite 42
Broomall,  PA  19008
- 1,588 students | 8.80 Mi750 Montgomery Ave
Bryn Mawr,  PA  19010
- 396 students | 10.10 Mi4207 Walnut St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
- 322 students | 10.10 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.