Montgomery County Community College
- Montgomery County Community College is a place where the future is created, a place where desire and knowledge are combined to yield opportunity. The College is a reflection and a response to the needs and aspirations of those who live, work, and conduct business in Montgomery County and beyond. Grounded in a set of values that teach us to encourage, listen, respect, and treat fairly those whom we serve, those with whom we work, and those who work with us in service, the College strives to ensure that all residents of Montgomery County have access to the highest quality and most affordable higher education possible. Most importantly, the College is dedicated to fostering the growth and success of all we serve.
- The teacher population of 401 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Montgomery County Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||401 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,805 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,343 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,462 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$34,800|
- Founded in 1964 and begun serving the community in 1966 from its initial location in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. Since that time, the College has grown with the needs of the community, building its Central Campus in Blue Bell in 1972 and then opening the doors of the West Campus in Pottstown, in the fall of 1996. Along with these two campuses, the College offers distance learning opportunities as well as courses at various off-site locations, including the Willow Grove Naval Air Station and Lansdale. MCCC is the 4th most wired community college in the country. You can learn in one of our almost 40 smart classrooms, in one of our 26 computer classrooms, or on-line through one of our over 80 distance learning courses. The College offers four Associate Degrees (AA, AS, AAS, and AGS) in 90 degree and certificate programs in 40 areas of study. In 1998, the College created a new Liberal Studies degree (AS) that provides students with the strong general education core (36 credits) and flexibility to tailor electives (24 credits) to their transfer institution's program requirements. In fall 2004, approximately 55 percent of the College's students were enrolled in transfer-based programs, 38 percent were enrolled in occupational programs and 9 percent were enrolled in General Studies. The college is fully accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Montgomery County Community College is Lansdale School of Business (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 344 students | 3.70 Mi290 Wissahickon Avenue
North Wales,  PA  19454
- 1,180 students | 5.60 Mi1140 Virginia Dr
Fort Washington,  PA  19034
- 188 students | 6.50 Mi300 Montgomery Ave
Glenside,  PA  19038
- 322 students | 10.00 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
- 1,588 students | 10.40 Mi750 Montgomery Ave
Bryn Mawr,  PA  19010