- The mission of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is to offer a two-year technical education to academically qualified students of Pennsylvania. The college serves financially disadvantaged and non-scholarship students as well as indigent orphans. Stevens, a residential college, prepares students for skilled employment and full, effective lives as citizens of the community, the Commonwealth, and the nation. Stevens is committed to lifelong learning, community outreach, and economic development by contributing to the technical workforce of Pennsylvania.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology serves 1,227 students (98% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,227 students
- In-state tuition: $7,430
- Out-state tuition: $7,430
- Acceptance Rate: 86%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 25%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 157 teachers has grown by 137% over five years.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
(PA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology has grown by 7% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology diversity score of 0.42 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 12% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $7,430 is less than the state average of $9,730. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,430 is less than the state average of $13,992. The out-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a two year technical college that provides an education in seventeen programs. Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Stevens is located in southeastern Pennsylvania in Lancaster. The 18 buildings comprising the Stevens campus are situated on a 32.5 acre tract of land located at the eastern edge of the City of Lancaster. These include 5 residence halls, a dining hall, a laboratory/classroom building with computer and learning labs, and new and expanded technical laboratory facilities. The Learning Resources Center was completed in the summer of 1995. Also available for student use are an athletic field with a track, and a newly renovated student center. Two-year technical programs in the following areas lead to Associate Degrees: Architectural Technology, Automotive Technology, Cabinetmaking and Wood Technology, Carpentry, Collision Repair Technology, Computer & Network Systems Administration, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Machine Tool and Computer-Aided Manufacturing, Masonry Construction Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metals Fabrication/Welding Technology, Office Administration, Plumbing, Graphic Communications and Printing Technology and Respiratory Care. Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology has been changing the lives of students for over 90 years. Stevens provides a well-rounded, two-year education that virtually guarantees a good job and the opportunity for a better life. While most students select one of several job offers upon graduation, some choose to further their education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology cost?
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology's tuition is approximately $7,430 for In-State students and $7,430 for Out-State students.
What schools are Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology often compared to?
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technologyis often viewed alongside schools like Harrisburg Area Community College-Lancaster by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology?
The acceptance rate of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is 86%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
What is Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology's ranking?
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.