- Trocaire College, a private, two-year career-oriented Catholic College, in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, strives to empower students toward personal enrichment, dignity and self-worth through education in a variety of professions and in the liberal arts.
Trocaire College serves 1,376 students (40% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,376 students
- Private-state tuition: $15,820
- Acceptance Rate: 53%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Trocaire College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 176 teachers has grown by 104% over five years.
(NY) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Trocaire College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Trocaire College diversity score of 0.48 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 12% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $15,820 is less than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
subject to change
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Trocaire College was founded in 1958 by the Sisters of Mercy as Sancta Maria College, offering higher educational opportunities to women of the Order. The College gained distinction early on in the field of Nursing and Health Science education. Trocaire College is the only independent private, two-year college in the City of Buffalo. Associate Degree programs are offered in over a dozen areas of study with many Certificate programs also available. In addition, there are numerous Life Long Learning classes providing professional and personal development opportunities. We are distinguished in the fields of Nursing and Health Science education. Additional areas of study include, but are not limited to, Business, Computer Network Administration, Hospitality Management, Massage Therapy, and the Liberal Arts. Our dedicated faculty have the resources to deliver the highest quality education within state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories on the Trocaire campus. As a student, you will have access to more than 100 computer workstations across campus. Program-related labs simulate real-world work environments to give you hands-on experience in your field of study. Trocaire College has developed quality two-year and shorter certificate programs which have long been recognized as providing superior skills in a variety of careers. Most of our graduates go immediately to work, but many benefit from our agreements with area four-year colleges and universities. These agreements allow you to transfer credits earned at Trocaire toward a baccalaureate degree at the four-year institution. Ninety-four percent of our graduates in the last two years found work or study in their field upon graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Trocaire College cost?
Trocaire College's private state tuition is approximately $15,820.
What schools are Trocaire College often compared to?
Trocaire Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Erie Community College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Trocaire College?
The acceptance rate of Trocaire College is 53%, which is lower than the state average of 72%.
What is Trocaire College's ranking?
Trocaire College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
View the Trocaire College yearly calendar below.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.