- Trocaire College, a private, two-year career-oriented Catholic College, in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, strives to empower students toward personal enrichment, dignity and self-worth through education in a variety of professions and in the liberal arts.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Trocaire College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||86 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,467 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||671 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||796 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,000||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Trocaire College was founded in 1958 by the Sisters of Mercy as Sancta Maria College, offering higher educational opportunities to women of the Order. The College gained distinction early on in the field of Nursing and Health Science education. Trocaire College is the only independent private, two-year college in the City of Buffalo. Associate Degree programs are offered in over a dozen areas of study with many Certificate programs also available. In addition, there are numerous Life Long Learning classes providing professional and personal development opportunities. We are distinguished in the fields of Nursing and Health Science education. Additional areas of study include, but are not limited to, Business, Computer Network Administration, Hospitality Management, Massage Therapy, and the Liberal Arts. Our dedicated faculty have the resources to deliver the highest quality education within state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories on the Trocaire campus. As a student, you will have access to more than 100 computer workstations across campus. Program-related labs simulate real-world work environments to give you hands-on experience in your field of study. Trocaire College has developed quality two-year and shorter certificate programs which have long been recognized as providing superior skills in a variety of careers. Most of our graduates go immediately to work, but many benefit from our agreements with area four-year colleges and universities. These agreements allow you to transfer credits earned at Trocaire toward a baccalaureate degree at the four-year institution. Ninety-four percent of our graduates in the last two years found work or study in their field upon graduation.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,733 students | 4.00 Mi121 Ellicott St
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 800 students | 4.20 Mi465 Main Street, Suite 400
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 561 students | 4.40 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
- 545 students | 5.00 Mi240 Pine Ridge Rd
Buffalo,  NY  14225
- 356 students | 12.60 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.