Bryant & Stratton College-Southtowns
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bryant & Stratton College-Southtowns||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||561 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||362 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||199 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,300||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bryant & Stratton College-Southtowns is Trocaire College (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,467 students | 4.50 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
- 12,733 students | 8.30 Mi121 Ellicott St
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 800 students | 8.50 Mi465 Main Street, Suite 400
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 545 students | 8.60 Mi240 Pine Ridge Rd
Buffalo,  NY  14225
- 356 students | 17.30 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.