Villa Maria College
- Villa Maria College is a private, Catholic college, founded in 1960 by the Felician Sisters. Located in Buffalo, NY, Villa Maria is the premiere student centered college in Western New York characterized by an unyielding commitment to student success. Offering Bachelors and Associates degrees in 18 different academic programs, Villa Maria`s strength lies in its studio-based education, a 9:1 student to faculty ratio, and educators who bring their real world experience into the classroom. Students learn and grow with a culturally diverse population that lives its core values instilled by the Felician Sisters. Students participate in intercollegiate athletics in eight sports as the Villa Vikings and are involved in nearly 20 clubs and organizations on campus. Villa Maria is home to the Achieve Program for Students with Learning Differences, and an academic success center, which provides robust academic support for all students. For more information call 716.896.0700 or visit www.villa.edu.
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has grown by 95% over five years.
|Villa Maria College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||545 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||441 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||104 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Campus Ministry Club, Drama Appreciation Club, EASE, Fashion Club, Gamers Guild, Graphic Design Club, IN Club, Music Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Photovisions, Pride!, PTA Club, Say Yes to Success, Spirit Club, The Love Project, The Writers Circle, Villa Volunteers
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Villa Maria College is Bryant & Stratton College-Buffalo (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 800 students | 4.50 Mi465 Main Street, Suite 400
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 12,733 students | 4.60 Mi121 Ellicott St
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 1,467 students | 5.00 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
- 356 students | 7.80 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
- 561 students | 8.90 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.