Villa Maria College
- Villa Maria College is a private, Catholic college, founded in 1960 by the Felician Sisters. Located in Buffalo, NY, Villa Maria is the premiere student centered college in Western New York characterized by an unyielding commitment to student success. Offering Bachelors and Associates degrees in 18 different academic programs, Villa Maria`s strength lies in its studio-based education, a 9:1 student to faculty ratio, and educators who bring their real world experience into the classroom. Students learn and grow with a culturally diverse population that lives its core values instilled by the Felician Sisters. Students participate in intercollegiate athletics in eight sports as the Villa Vikings and are involved in nearly 20 clubs and organizations on campus. Villa Maria is home to the Achieve Program for Students with Learning Differences, and an academic success center, which provides robust academic support for all students. For more information call 716.896.0700 or visit www.villa.edu.
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has grown by 95% over five years.
|Villa Maria College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||545 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||441 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||104 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Campus Ministry Club, Drama Appreciation Club, EASE, Fashion Club, Gamers Guild, Graphic Design Club, IN Club, Music Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Photovisions, Pride!, PTA Club, Say Yes to Success, Spirit Club, The Love Project, The Writers Circle, Villa Volunteers
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Villa Maria College is Bryant & Stratton College-Buffalo (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 800 students | 4.30 Mi465 Main Street, Suite 400
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 12,733 students | 4.40 Mi121 Ellicott St
Buffalo,  NY  14203
- 1,467 students | 4.60 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
- 561 students | 8.60 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
- 356 students | 9.30 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.