St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island
Tel: (718) 517-7700
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers (SVCMC) is one of the New York metropolitan area's most comprehensive health care systems, serving nearly 600,000 people annually. SVCMC was established in 2000 as a result of the merger of Catholic Medical Centers of Brooklyn and Queens, Saint Vincent Hospital and Medical Center of New York and Sisters of Charity Healthcare on Staten Island. Sponsored by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Brooklyn and the president of the Sisters of Charity of New York, SVCMC serves as the academic medical center of New York Medical College in New York City.
St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||694 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||538 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||156 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$76,300||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- SVCMC operates six hospitals, four skilled nursing facilities, a system-wide home care agency and a hospice. Our more than 20 ambulatory care sites provide a broad array of medical, psychiatric and substance abuse services. In 2003, St. Clare's Hospital, now St. Vincent's Midtown Hospital, became affiliated with the healthcare system. Over 2,500 physicians have chosen to affiliate with SVCMC, which offers the full range of medical and surgical care. Clinical trials and research help us provide the latest treatments in all specialties. Our system's mission -- to treat with respect, integrity compassion and excellence -- is combined with an emphasis on technology and quality. Wherever you live or work in the New York metropolitan area, Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers can help you and your family with your health care needs. At St. Vincent's Staten Island, we serve our community with high quality inpatient and outpatient services. Internationally recognized specialists direct our reproductive medicine center, and we operate a high-risk pregnancy center -- designated a Regional Perinatal Center by the New York State Department of Health -- for women requiring special care. In addition, our neonatal intensive care center boasts one of the highest survival rates in the city. St. Vincent's Hospital Staten Island enjoys full accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- The nearest community college to St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island is Union County College (8.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,781 students | 8.50 Mi1033 Springfield Ave
Cranford,  NJ  07016
(908) 709-7000 8.5011,781
- 11,468 students | 9.10 Mi303 University Ave
Newark,  NJ  07102
(973) 877-3000 9.1011,468
- 478 students | 9.20 Mi60 Park Place, Suite 701
Newark,  NJ  07102
(973) 803-5000 9.20478
- 8,342 students | 10.60 Mi70 Sip Avenue
Jersey City,  NJ  07306
(201) 714-7100 10.608,342
- n/a students | 10.90 Mi684 Newark Ave
Jersey City,  NJ  07306
(201) 216-9901 10.90n/a
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.