St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (718) 517-7700
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers (SVCMC) is one of the New York metropolitan area's most comprehensive health care systems, serving nearly 600,000 people annually. SVCMC was established in 2000 as a result of the merger of Catholic Medical Centers of Brooklyn and Queens, Saint Vincent Hospital and Medical Center of New York and Sisters of Charity Healthcare on Staten Island. Sponsored by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Brooklyn and the president of the Sisters of Charity of New York, SVCMC serves as the academic medical center of New York Medical College in New York City.
St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 47 teachers has grown by 135% over five years.
|St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- SVCMC operates six hospitals, four skilled nursing facilities, a system-wide home care agency and a hospice. Our more than 20 ambulatory care sites provide a broad array of medical, psychiatric and substance abuse services. In 2003, St. Clare's Hospital, now St. Vincent's Midtown Hospital, became affiliated with the healthcare system. Over 2,500 physicians have chosen to affiliate with SVCMC, which offers the full range of medical and surgical care. Clinical trials and research help us provide the latest treatments in all specialties. Our system's mission -- to treat with respect, integrity compassion and excellence -- is combined with an emphasis on technology and quality. Wherever you live or work in the New York metropolitan area, Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers can help you and your family with your health care needs. At St. Vincent's Staten Island, we serve our community with high quality inpatient and outpatient services. Internationally recognized specialists direct our reproductive medicine center, and we operate a high-risk pregnancy center -- designated a Regional Perinatal Center by the New York State Department of Health -- for women requiring special care. In addition, our neonatal intensive care center boasts one of the highest survival rates in the city. St. Vincent's Hospital Staten Island enjoys full accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
The nearest community college to St Paul's School of Nursing-Staten Island is Union County College (8.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,412 students | 8.50 Mi1033 Springfield Avenue
Cranford, NJ 07016
(908) 709-7000 8.509,412
- 7,514 students | 9.10 Mi303 University Ave
Newark, NJ 07102
(973) 877-3000 9.107,514
- 584 students | 9.20 Mi60 Park Place, Suite 701
Newark, NJ 07102
(973) 803-5000 9.20584
- 7,039 students | 10.60 Mi70 Sip Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 714-7100 10.607,039
- 257 students | 10.90 Mi251 Washington Ave
Belleville, NJ 07109
(973) 751-9051 10.90257
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.