St. Joseph's College of Nursing
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (315) 448-5040
- St. Joseph's College of Nursing opened more than 100 years ago. Then, as now, students learned to practice nursing with compassion, excellence, vision, enthusiasm and integrity. St. Joseph's continues to educate excellent nurses who share these same values. Since our profession is ultimately about caring for people, we make sure our students get as much hands-on patient care experience as possible. The College of Nursing is fortunate to be affiliated with one of the nation's leading health care facilities, so when our students go into their clinical rotations, they are learning alongside the best nurses in their chosen field.
St. Joseph's College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St. Joseph's College of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers an Associate's Degree in applied science with a major in nursing at the end of your two-year program. Also offers a Dual Degree Partnership with Le Moyne College for high school students wishing to earn both an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree in Science with a major in nursing in only 4 years. Personalized, professional instruction, including small group instruction and tutorial assistance. St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center offers part-time & flexible hours program for nursing students who have successfully completed the first Nursing course (NSG 101). Students must be matriculated in at the St. Joseph's College of Nursing to become a student nurse aide. The position offers the student the opportunity to sharpen their skills on the clinical units throughout the hospital. The program encourages professional growth in the nursing student with 4 levels to achieve. The minimal work commitment is 24 hours a month with 16 hours being weekend time.
The nearest community college to St. Joseph's College of Nursing is Bryant & Stratton College-Syracuse (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 413 students | 0.60 Mi953 James St
Syracuse, NY 13203
(315) 472-6603 0.60413
- 247 students | 1.20 Mi765 Irving Ave
Syracuse, NY 13210
(315) 470-7481 1.20247
- 9,834 students | 4.20 Mi4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215
(315) 498-2622 4.209,834
- 263 students | 10.40 Mi8687 Carling Rd
Liverpool, NY 13090
(315) 652-6500 10.40263
- 870 students | 17.10 Mi22 Sullivan St
Cazenovia, NY 13035
(800) 654-3210 17.10870
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.