- St. Joseph's College of Nursing opened more than 100 years ago. Then, as now, students learned to practice nursing with compassion, excellence, vision, enthusiasm and integrity. St. Joseph's continues to educate excellent nurses who share these same values. Since our profession is ultimately about caring for people, we make sure our students get as much hands-on patient care experience as possible. The College of Nursing is fortunate to be affiliated with one of the nation's leading health care facilities, so when our students go into their clinical rotations, they are learning alongside the best nurses in their chosen field.
St. Joseph's College of Nursing serves 383 students (63% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 383 students
- Private-state tuition: $18,000
- Acceptance Rate: 73%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 21%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
St. Joseph's College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 70% over five years.
St. Joseph's College of Nursing
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of St. Joseph's College of Nursing has grown by 28% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five years.
The St. Joseph's College of Nursing diversity score of 0.37 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 17% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $18,000 is more than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The college offers an Associate's Degree in applied science with a major in nursing at the end of your two-year program. Also offers a Dual Degree Partnership with Le Moyne College for high school students wishing to earn both an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree in Science with a major in nursing in only 4 years. Personalized, professional instruction, including small group instruction and tutorial assistance. St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center offers part-time & flexible hours program for nursing students who have successfully completed the first Nursing course (NSG 101). Students must be matriculated in at the St. Joseph's College of Nursing to become a student nurse aide. The position offers the student the opportunity to sharpen their skills on the clinical units throughout the hospital. The program encourages professional growth in the nursing student with 4 levels to achieve. The minimal work commitment is 24 hours a month with 16 hours being weekend time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Joseph's College of Nursing cost?
St. Joseph's College of Nursing's private state tuition is approximately $18,000.
What schools are St. Joseph's College of Nursing often compared to?
St. Joseph's College of Nursingis often viewed alongside schools like CUNY Queensborough Community College, CUNY New York City College of Technology by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of St. Joseph's College of Nursing?
The acceptance rate of St. Joseph's College of Nursing is 73%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is St. Joseph's College of Nursing's ranking?
St. Joseph's College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.