CUNY New York City College of Technology
Tel: (718) 260-5500
- CUNY New York City College of Technology was founded in 1946, under the name “The New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences.” The urgent mission at the time was to provide training to GIs returning from the Second World War and to provide New York with the technically proficient workforce it would need to thrive in the emerging post-war economy. No one in 1946 could have predicted the transformation the College has experienced. Our mission, however, has not changed; It is still urgent, and it is still focused on preparing a technically proficient workforce and well-educated citizens. The College’s offerings encompass the pre-professional, professional and technical programs that respond to regional economic needs and provide access to higher education for all who seek fulfillment of career and economic goals through education. The 60 registered programs offered allow graduates to pursue careers in the architectural and engineering technologies, the computer, entertainment, and health professions, human services, advertising and publishing, hospitality, business, and law-related professions, as well as programs in career and technical teacher education.
- The teacher population of 628 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY New York City College of Technology||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||628 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,967 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,324 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,643 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,600||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to CUNY New York City College of Technology is ASA College (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,624 students | 0.20 Mi81 Willoughby Street
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
(718) 522-9073 0.204,624
- 545 students | 1.60 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
(212) 962-0002 1.60545
- n/a students | 1.80 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
(212) 226-7300 1.80n/a
- 26,606 students | 2.00 Mi199 Chambers St
New York,  NY  10007
(212) 220-8000 2.0026,606
- 6,701 students | 2.60 Mi1650 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11225
(718) 270-4900 2.606,701
Learn how online courses broaden the options of a community college education.
Community college is not just for young adults; learn how your kids can take advantage of learning opportunities offered at your local community college campus.
Sex offenders may soon be banned on community colleges. Learn about the community college that has taken this watershed step in preventing children sex offenders from taking classes on campus.