CUNY New York City College of Technology
- CUNY New York City College of Technology was founded in 1946, under the name “The New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences.” The urgent mission at the time was to provide training to GIs returning from the Second World War and to provide New York with the technically proficient workforce it would need to thrive in the emerging post-war economy. No one in 1946 could have predicted the transformation the College has experienced. Our mission, however, has not changed; It is still urgent, and it is still focused on preparing a technically proficient workforce and well-educated citizens. The College’s offerings encompass the pre-professional, professional and technical programs that respond to regional economic needs and provide access to higher education for all who seek fulfillment of career and economic goals through education. The 60 registered programs offered allow graduates to pursue careers in the architectural and engineering technologies, the computer, entertainment, and health professions, human services, advertising and publishing, hospitality, business, and law-related professions, as well as programs in career and technical teacher education.
- Enrollment: 15,513 students
- In-state tuition: $6,069
- Out-state tuition: $12,579
- Acceptance Rate: 79%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 87%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does CUNY New York City College of Technology cost?
CUNY New York City College of Technology's tuition is approximately $6,069 for In-State students and $12,579 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of CUNY New York City College of Technology?
The acceptance rate of CUNY New York City College of Technology is 79%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.