Onondaga Community College
- Onondaga Community College makes high quality educational programs and services accessible to our diverse citizenry, empowering individuals to explore and discover their inherent potential and to transform themselves to live, work and thrive in our global community.
- Enrollment: 8,545 students
- In-state tuition: $4,884
- Out-state tuition: $9,184
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Onondaga Community College is a college of the State University of New York system and one of 30 locally sponsored community colleges throughout New York State. Onondaga County is the sponsor for Onondaga Community College. In 1962, OCC opened its doors to 500 entering freshmen at Midtown Plaza in the urban center of Syracuse, New York. Outgrowing the city center location, the College moved to its present site in 1973, situated on 216 acres on Onondaga Hill, four miles from the city. The campus is noted for its hills, wooded terrain and expansive views of the surrounding countryside. Eight buildings housing over 50 different degree-granting programs and student residence halls designed to accommodate up to 500 students (slated to open in fall 2006) make up the present campus. Enrollment has grown from the original 500 to over 8,000 students. The curricula have been expanded from an original offering of eight programs to 47 today; the faculty has grown to keep pace with enrollment; the original graduating class of 1962 numbered 177. Now, nearly 1500 degrees are awarded annually. More than 20,000 persons have graduated since 1964 and over 500,000 citizens have availed themselves of the college's programs and services. Onondaga Community College students experience success in transferring to four-year colleges, both within and outside the State University of New York system. At the same time, the number of students completing the technological or career-oriented programs equals those planning to earn Baccalaureate degrees. We offer two-year degree programs that serve as job-entry educational experiences or transfer opportunities to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year campuses. An advantage of the SUNY system is that credits are easily transferable between campuses for students who want to continue their education beyond the community college level. We also offer shorter certificate programs. We are in the forefront of efforts to meet the accelerating pace of technological developments and requirements of continuing educational opportunity for all. The College endeavors to provide the full college experience and offers a full compliment of clubs and organizations to enrich student life. A comprehensive array of student support services enables our students to be successful in achieving their academic goals no matter what their life stage when entering the academic setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Onondaga Community College cost?
Onondaga Community College's tuition is approximately $4,884 for In-State students and $9,184 for Out-State students.
What is Onondaga Community College's ranking?
Onondaga Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Largest student body.