CUNY Queensborough Community College
Tel: (718) 632-00000000
- The mission of Queensborough Community College is to provide post-secondary educational programs within the framework of the open admission policy of The City University of New York, which is committed to the goals of open access and academic excellence.
CUNY Queensborough Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
The teacher population of 567 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY Queensborough Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||567 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Queensborough Community College was established in 1959 on the 37-acre site of the former Oakland Golf and Country Club in Bayside, a picturesque residential neighborhood in northeast Queens. The College consists of 14 major buildings, including an astronomy observatory, recital hall, professional sound recording studio, art and dance studios, photography and digital art laboratories, radio station, both an 875-seat professional performing arts theater and the intimate "Shadowbox" theater, and several major science laboratories equipped with the most current technology. The heart of the College is the Kurt R. Schmeller Library Building, holding more than 150,000 volumes, and home to the Academic Computing Center. The College offers Associate degree and Certificate programs that prepare its students for transfer to four-year institutions and for entry into the job market. The College also serves students who take courses for personal enrichment or career advancement. Students are provided opportunities for challenge, stimulation, and growth through advanced courses, special projects, appropriate academic advisement, and personal and career counseling. The College strives to provide its students with the best preparation for their future lives and careers. The College functions as a community resource by serving the educational, professional, and cultural needs of the general community. It offers a broad base of community-oriented activities including continuing education, on- and off-campus learning centers, and cultural and recreational events. The College offers nine Associate degree curricula in the liberal arts and sciences and fifteen in career and pre-professional areas. It also offers nine specialized Certificate programs, as well as an extensive range of noncredit community service programs. Courses are offered during the day, evening, and weekends in the fall and spring semesters. A cultural mecca for the borough, Queensborough offers an extensive program of theater, dance, and concerts through its Professional Performing Arts Series, complemented by a full schedule of student performances that are open to all members of the community.
The nearest community college to CUNY Queensborough Community College is Long Island Business Institute (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 665 students | 3.80 Mi136-18 39th Avenue, Fifth Floor
Flushing,  NY  11354
(718) 939-5100 3.80665
- 902 students | 4.80 Mi118-33 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills,  NY  11375
(718) 779-1430 4.80902
- 552 students | 5.60 Mi97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park,  NY  11374
(718) 357-0500 5.60552
- 17,406 students | 6.40 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
(516) 572-7501 6.4017,406
- 1,542 students | 6.70 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
Flushing,  NY  11369
(718) 429-6600 6.701,542
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.