Southeastern Community College
- At Southeastern Community College (SCC), we're on to something. For some it might be starting on the road to a four-year degree. For others it's learning the specialized skills to enter into a rewarding career. Still others take advantage of SCC's resources to make the Great River Region of Southeast Iowa a better place through economic development, job skills training, and more. Thousands of successful alumni can attest to the positive impact this community college has had on their lives. SCC has a tradition of excellence in providing close-to-home, affordable, relevant education.
- Enrollment: 2,478 students
- In-state tuition: $4,590
- Out-state tuition: $4,740
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 74%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Southeastern Community College envisions itself as a dynamic leader in lifelong learning, an innovator of responsive programs and services, and a promoter of professional, personal, social, and economic development. SCC is the community college for the citizens of Des Moines, Henry, Jefferson, Lee, Louisa, Van Buren and Washington counties in Iowa, with campuses in West Burlington and Keokuk, and centers in Fort Madison and Mount Pleasant. SCC's geographic territory encompasses 1,623 square miles and has a population of 106,242. The college's role as a regional leader in education means that it also serves populations in the neighboring states of Illinois and Missouri. The goal of Southeastern Community College is to be a model of excellence among community colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southeastern Community College cost?
Southeastern Community College's tuition is approximately $4,590 for In-State students and $4,740 for Out-State students.