Carl Sandburg College
- The mission of Carl Sandburg College is to provide accessible, quality education in a caring environment by keeping the learner's needs at the center of decision making and by working in partnership with communities of the College district.
|Carl Sandburg College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||92 staff||124 staff|
- Carl Sandburg College was established by authority of the Illinois Community College Act of 1965 and was approved by voters in a September 1966 referendum. One year later, in September 1967, classes began at various locations in Galesburg, including the former Brown's Business College and the Central Congregational Church. Enrollment was approximately 350 students. The Main Campus is located in Galesburg with a Branch Campus in Carthage and an Extension Center in Bushnell. In addition, off-campus sites include the Educational Technology Center and the Annex in downtown Galesburg, as well as the Education Commons in Carthage. A WIDE VARIETY OF PROGRAMS leading to degrees and certificates is offered by the College to serve a variety of student needs. The Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), or Associate in Fine Arts (AFA) degree is for those students planning to transfer to a senior college or university to earn a Baccalaureate degree. Carl Sandburg is participating with other two and four year Illinois College and Universities to list a core curriculum. Occupational programs are available as a Certificate, which may be completed in as little as nine months, or as an Associate in Applied Science degree, which may be completed in as little as two years. Accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,436 students | 32.80 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton, IL 61520
(309) 647-4645 32.801,436
- 4,333 students | 37.00 Mi6600-34th Avenue
Moline, IL 61265
(309) 796-5000 37.004,333
- 7,771 students | 41.10 Mi101 W Third Street
Davenport, IA 52801
(563) 336-3300 41.107,771
- 76 students | 41.90 Mi2119 Kimberly Rd.
Bettendorf, IA 52722
(563) 344-1500 41.9076
- 2,548 students | 42.20 Mi1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington, IA 52655
(319) 752-2731 42.202,548