Black Hawk College
- The teacher population of 186 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Black Hawk College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||186 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,307 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,346 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,961 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,200||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College's vision is to provide total accessibility, quality instructional programs, student-centered services, and strategic alliances to position Black Hawk College as the preferred choice for education and training. We strive to make this vision a reality through a firm commitment to quality. Our faculty and staff here at Black Hawk are dedicated to serving students and the community. Black Hawk College is a comprehensive community college serving over 11,000 college credit students, 3,000 Adult Basic Education students, and 16,000 Continuing Education and Workforce Training adults a year with high quality, cost-effective lifelong learning. Black Hawk College is one of 48 community colleges in Illinois, and serves all or part of nine counties in northwestern Illinois (Rock Island, Henry, Stark, Mercer, Whiteside, Bureau, Marshall, Knox and Henderson) with a service area of over 2,200 square miles and a population of over 232,000. Two campuses offer excellent facilities, small class size and individual attention. The Quad-Cities Campus is located in Moline, Illinois and the East Campus is near Kewanee, Illinois.
- The nearest community college to Black Hawk College is Brown Mackie College-Quad Cities (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 369 students | 3.30 Mi2119 Kimberly Rd.
Bettendorf,  IA  52722
- 8,143 students | 7.40 Mi101 W. Third St.
Davenport,  IA  52801
- 52,018 students | 7.70 Mi1801 East Kimberly Road
Davenport,  IA  52807
- 105 students | 33.50 Mi701 Portland Ave
Morrison,  IL  61270
- 2,200 students | 34.40 Mi2400 Tom L. Wilson Boulevard
Galesburg,  IL  61401
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.