Black Hawk College
The teacher population of 186 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Black Hawk College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||186 staff||123 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College's vision is to provide total accessibility, quality instructional programs, student-centered services, and strategic alliances to position Black Hawk College as the preferred choice for education and training. We strive to make this vision a reality through a firm commitment to quality. Our faculty and staff here at Black Hawk are dedicated to serving students and the community. Black Hawk College is a comprehensive community college serving over 11,000 college credit students, 3,000 Adult Basic Education students, and 16,000 Continuing Education and Workforce Training adults a year with high quality, cost-effective lifelong learning. Black Hawk College is one of 48 community colleges in Illinois, and serves all or part of nine counties in northwestern Illinois (Rock Island, Henry, Stark, Mercer, Whiteside, Bureau, Marshall, Knox and Henderson) with a service area of over 2,200 square miles and a population of over 232,000. Two campuses offer excellent facilities, small class size and individual attention. The Quad-Cities Campus is located in Moline, Illinois and the East Campus is near Kewanee, Illinois.
The nearest community college to Black Hawk College is Brown Mackie College-Quad Cities (5.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 369 students | 5.80 Mi2119 Kimberly Rd.
Bettendorf,  IA  52722
(563) 344-1500 5.80369
- 8,143 students | 7.20 Mi101 W. Third St.
Davenport,  IA  52801
(563) 336-3300 7.208,143
- 52,018 students | 7.50 Mi1801 East Kimberly Road
Davenport,  IA  52807
(866) 527-5268 7.5052,018
- 105 students | 33.30 Mi701 Portland Ave
Morrison,  IL  61270
(815) 772-7218 33.30105
- 2,200 students | 37.00 Mi2400 Tom L. Wilson Boulevard
Galesburg,  IL  61401
(309) 344-2518 37.002,200
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!