Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights (Closed 2017)
- Brown College is dedicated to providing quality programs, like our visual communication program, that are sound in concept, implemented by competent and dedicated faculty, and geared to serve those seeking a solid foundation in knowledge and skills required to obtain employment in their chosen fields. Brown has campuses in Mendota Heights (Minneapolis/St. Paul) and Brooklyn Center, Minnesota.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||76 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||74 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,900||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1946, Brown College is a recognized leader in private post-secondary education. At Brown College our goal is to provide students with the technical knowledge, skills and hands-on training needed to succeed in many of today's popular fields. We are dedicated to providing quality programs that are sound in concept, implemented by an outstanding faculty, and geared towards those seeking a solid educational foundation for employment in their chosen fields. Brown has enjoyed huge success training and graduating students in technology, design, and broadcast fields for over 50 years. We are proud of this legacy and invite you to join us as you are setting your own career goals. With campuses in both Mendota Heights and Brooklyn Center, you are sure to find a location convenient for you. Program availability differs by location. Whether you're interested in a visual communication program, or the fast-growing IT, software development, or want to launch a career in Criminal Justice, Business Management or the Radio or Television Broadcast fields, Brown College has a program designed to propel you into the job marketplace with confidence and capability. Brown's programs emphasize hands-on training that is relevant to the needs of current employers. They also focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge they will need to obtain a position in today's demanding market.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights is Rasmussen College-Eagan (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 733 students | 2.30 Mi3500 Federal Dr
Saint Paul,  MN  55122
- 149 students | 4.30 Mi1600 W 82nd st, Ste 100
Minneapolis,  MN  55431
- 5,958 students | 6.10 Mi2500 80th St E
Inver Grove Heights,  MN  55076
- 763 students | 6.20 Mi1401 W 76 St
Minneapolis,  MN  55423
- 6,740 students | 6.60 Mi235 Marshall Ave
Saint Paul,  MN  55102
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.