Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights (Closed 2017)
- Brown College is dedicated to providing quality programs, like our visual communication program, that are sound in concept, implemented by competent and dedicated faculty, and geared to serve those seeking a solid foundation in knowledge and skills required to obtain employment in their chosen fields. Brown has campuses in Mendota Heights (Minneapolis/St. Paul) and Brooklyn Center, Minnesota.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||76 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||74 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,900||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1946, Brown College is a recognized leader in private post-secondary education. At Brown College our goal is to provide students with the technical knowledge, skills and hands-on training needed to succeed in many of today's popular fields. We are dedicated to providing quality programs that are sound in concept, implemented by an outstanding faculty, and geared towards those seeking a solid educational foundation for employment in their chosen fields. Brown has enjoyed huge success training and graduating students in technology, design, and broadcast fields for over 50 years. We are proud of this legacy and invite you to join us as you are setting your own career goals. With campuses in both Mendota Heights and Brooklyn Center, you are sure to find a location convenient for you. Program availability differs by location. Whether you're interested in a visual communication program, or the fast-growing IT, software development, or want to launch a career in Criminal Justice, Business Management or the Radio or Television Broadcast fields, Brown College has a program designed to propel you into the job marketplace with confidence and capability. Brown's programs emphasize hands-on training that is relevant to the needs of current employers. They also focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge they will need to obtain a position in today's demanding market.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights is Rasmussen College-Eagan (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 733 students | 2.30 Mi3500 Federal Dr
Saint Paul,  MN  55122
- 149 students | 4.30 Mi1600 W 82nd st, Ste 100
Minneapolis,  MN  55431
- 5,958 students | 6.10 Mi2500 80th St E
Inver Grove Heights,  MN  55076
- 763 students | 6.20 Mi1401 W 76 St
Minneapolis,  MN  55423
- 6,740 students | 6.60 Mi235 Marshall Ave
Saint Paul,  MN  55102
Safety has been a top concern at community colleges since the Virginia Tech tragedy, but awareness has been heightened from recent attacks. We’ll discuss what schools are doing to protect students, as well as recent community college attacks in Texas and Virginia.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.