Inver Hills Community College
- Inver Hills is a comprehensive community college committed to continuously improving student understanding and capabilities that help students lead purposeful lives, contribute to a vital social and economic community, and pursue lifelong learning.
Inver Hills Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Inver Hills Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,958 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,996 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,962 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,500||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1970, Inver Hills is a comprehensive community college offering over 20 degree options including liberal education courses (A.A.) that lead to transfer to four-year colleges and career-related degrees (A.S., A.A.S.) in leading occupational areas such as nursing, computers, law enforcement, human services, business, emergency health care, and more. The 90-acre campus includes eight modern buildings that fit naturally into the surrounding wooded hills and wetlands. The campus is located just off Highway 52 at 80th Street in Inver Grove Heights. More than 1,200 course sections are scheduled each year in 50 academic disciplines. About half meet evenings, late afternoons, and weekends so working people can attend. Traditionally about half of Inver Hills students are working adults and part-time learners. With distinctive architecture and separate buildings, the campus has a small-college look and feel about it. The physical setting seems a natural complement to the college's student-centered philosophy and emphasis on academic support, learning assistance, and personal development.
- The nearest community college to Inver Hills Community College is Rasmussen College-Eagan (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 733 students | 5.70 Mi3500 Federal Dr
Saint Paul,  MN  55122
- 2,910 students | 6.70 Mi1300 145th Street East
Rosemount,  MN  55068
- 518 students | 8.30 Mi19 Exchange Street East
Saint Paul,  MN  55101
- 6,740 students | 8.50 Mi235 Marshall Ave
Saint Paul,  MN  55102
- 776 students | 9.50 Mi8089 Globe Drive
Saint Paul,  MN  55125
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.