- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||428 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||420 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta is The Art Institute of Atlanta (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,623 students | 1.30 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
- 919 students | 3.20 Mi4370 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta,  GA  30319
- 346 students | 3.50 Mi5303 New Peachtree Rd
Atlanta,  GA  30341
- 642 students | 7.80 Mi2108 Cobb Parkway
Smyrna,  GA  30080
- 247 students | 7.80 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.