Interactive College of Technology-Chamblee
- The institution provides training required for emerging, in-demand occupations that satisfy both student and community needs and leads to well-paying positions. Societal technology requires increasingly greater skills, knowledge, and proficiencies for success in a vocation or profession. The institution strives to make the learning process an individualized, change-oriented, market-centered process that enables each student, regardless of background, to maximize his/her potential.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Interactive College of Technology-Chamblee||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||346 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||338 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8 students||1,473 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1996, the Main Campus was moved to Chamblee, Georgia, and today encompasses two campus buildings, providing over 60,000 square feet of classroom, laboratory, and office space. The most recent campus addition is Roberts Hall, dedicated to Board Chairman, Richard D. Roberts. Roberts Hall houses the technology laboratories and is approached by the "Court of Flags", displaying the flags of more than 90 countries that make up the college community. The institution continues to deliver a significant portion of its programs through computer-based, hands-on training, while offering students an opportunity to obtain an Associate Degree in several in-demand areas. Prorgams are also available in HVAC/R technology, and the institution offers one of the nation's most comprehensive English as a Second Language program, serving students from virtually all corners of the world. The institutions are accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE), which is the successor to COEI of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The nearest community college to Interactive College of Technology-Chamblee is Brown Mackie College-Atlanta (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 919 students | 3.40 Mi4370 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta,  GA  30319
- 428 students | 3.50 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328
- 2,623 students | 4.50 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
- 1,170 students | 5.00 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
- 4,050 students | 7.90 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.