- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Smyrna||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||642 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||642 students||1,115 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,700||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fortis College-Smyrna is Lincoln College of Technology-Marietta (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 247 students | 0.50 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
- 9,942 students | 4.40 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
- 208 students | 7.40 Mi1900 Emery St, NW, Suite 200
Atlanta,  GA  30318
- 919 students | 7.40 Mi4370 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta,  GA  30319
- 428 students | 7.80 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.