Northshore Technical College-Florida Parishes Branch Campus
Tel: (225) 222-4251
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Northshore Technical College-Florida Parishes Branch Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||10%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Northshore Technical College-Florida Parishes Branch Campus is Northshore Technical College-Hammond Area Branch Campus (26.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 26.20 Mi111 Pride Dr
Hammond,  LA  70401
- 771 students | 31.00 Mi3337 Hwy. 10
Jackson,  LA  70748
(225) 634-2636 31.00771
- 1,973 students | 35.00 Mi1156 College Dr
Summit,  MS  39666
(601) 276-2000 35.001,973
- 247 students | 36.00 Mi2618 Wooddale Blvd Ste A
Baton Rouge,  LA  70805
(225) 928-3005 36.00247
- 641 students | 36.50 Mi7380 Exchange Place
Baton Rouge,  LA  70806
(225) 928-7770 36.50641
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!