Northshore Technical College-Hammond Area Branch Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Northshore Technical College-Hammond Area Branch Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||48%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Northshore Technical College-Hammond Area Branch Campus is Northshore Technical College-Florida Parishes Branch Campus (26.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 26.20 Mi137 College Street
Greensburg,  LA  70441
(225) 222-4251 26.20n/a
- 1,723 students | 31.20 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
- 567 students | 34.10 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
(225) 675-5397 34.10567
- 361 students | 37.00 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
(504) 733-0074 37.00361
- 454 students | 37.00 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
(504) 733-0074 37.00454
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.