North Idaho College
- Founded in 1933, North Idaho College is a comprehensive community college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur Alene. NIC offers more than 80 degrees and certificates in a wide spectrum of academic transfer, professional-technical, and general education programs to more than 4,856 credit students and 7,595 non-credit students each year.
- The teacher population of 265 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Idaho College||(ID) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||265 staff||265 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,049 students||5,032 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,068 students||2,051 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,981 students||2,981 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||189||544|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$30,000|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
- Founded in 1933, North Idaho College is a comprehensive community college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- NIC offers more than 80 degrees and certificates in a wide spectrum of academic transfer, professional-technical, and general education programs. Approximately 4,856 students are enrolled in credit classes and more than 7,595 participate annually in non-credit courses. NIC operates with an open-door admissions policy to meet the needs of individuals with divergent interests and abilities. NIC also plays a key role in economic development by preparing competent, trained employees for area businesses, industries, and governmental agencies.
- NIC's five-county service area spans more than 7,000 square miles. The college serves this vast region through outreach centers in Bonners Ferry, Kellogg, and Ponderay, as well as through an extensive array of Internet and interactive video conferencing courses. As one of three community colleges in the state, North Idaho College works to provide a variety of career pathways for students from fast-paced, one-credit classes to certificates and transfer degrees.
- NIC works closely with the University of Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College, Idaho State University, and Boise State University to provide transfer options for students. NIC offers a variety of student government and club opportunities for students with a wide range of interests and is known nationally for its competitive athletics programs.
- NIC is located amid the four-season beauty of North Idaho's world-famous recreation area. Outdoor activities include skiing, hiking, hunting, boating, fishing, backpacking, camping, swimming, and the ever-popular studying on the beach.
- NIC's campus lies within the city limits of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, a lakeside city with a growing population of 38,388 residents. Metropolitan amenities are close by with Spokane, Washington, a city of 195,695, just 30 minutes away and a Spokane - Coeur d'Alene metropolitan area of more than 700,000.
- The nearest community college to North Idaho College is Spokane Community College (26.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,974 students | 26.10 Mi1810 North Greene Street
Spokane,  WA  99217
- 91 students | 29.80 MiS 178 Stevens
Spokane,  WA  99201
- 5,970 students | 31.30 Mi3410 W Fort George Wright Dr
Spokane,  WA  99224
- 2,216 students | 120.40 Mi777 Grandview Dr
Kalispell,  MT  59901
- 2,016 students | 123.10 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837