North Idaho College
- Founded in 1933, North Idaho College is a comprehensive community college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur Alene. NIC offers more than 80 degrees and certificates in a wide spectrum of academic transfer, professional-technical, and general education programs to more than 4,856 credit students and 7,595 non-credit students each year.
|North Idaho College||(ID) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||265 staff||265 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Indian Student Alliance, Aspiring Artists Club, Business Professionals of America, Cardinal Geology Club, Computer Science and Technology Club, LDSSA - Institute Club, NIC Student Nurses Association, Phi Theta Kappa, Publications Club, Theater Club, TRiO Club, Veterans Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Cardinal Chamber Ensemble, Cardinal Choral, Cardinal Pep Band, Cardinal Singers, Cardinal Voices, NIC Jazz Band, Theatre program - Open Calls, Wind Symphony
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Climbing Wall, Group Fitness Program, Outdoor Pursuits, Rec Sports Team Sports/Activities, Student Wellness & Recreation Center
- Founded in 1933, North Idaho College is a comprehensive community college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- NIC offers more than 80 degrees and certificates in a wide spectrum of academic transfer, professional-technical, and general education programs. Approximately 4,856 students are enrolled in credit classes and more than 7,595 participate annually in non-credit courses. NIC operates with an open-door admissions policy to meet the needs of individuals with divergent interests and abilities. NIC also plays a key role in economic development by preparing competent, trained employees for area businesses, industries, and governmental agencies.
- NIC's five-county service area spans more than 7,000 square miles. The college serves this vast region through outreach centers in Bonners Ferry, Kellogg, and Ponderay, as well as through an extensive array of Internet and interactive video conferencing courses. As one of three community colleges in the state, North Idaho College works to provide a variety of career pathways for students from fast-paced, one-credit classes to certificates and transfer degrees.
- NIC works closely with the University of Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College, Idaho State University, and Boise State University to provide transfer options for students. NIC offers a variety of student government and club opportunities for students with a wide range of interests and is known nationally for its competitive athletics programs.
- NIC is located amid the four-season beauty of North Idaho's world-famous recreation area. Outdoor activities include skiing, hiking, hunting, boating, fishing, backpacking, camping, swimming, and the ever-popular studying on the beach.
- NIC's campus lies within the city limits of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, a lakeside city with a growing population of 38,388 residents. Metropolitan amenities are close by with Spokane, Washington, a city of 195,695, just 30 minutes away and a Spokane - Coeur d'Alene metropolitan area of more than 700,000.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,375 students | 26.10 Mi1810 North Greene Street
Spokane,  WA  99217
(509) 533-7000 26.1010,375
- 5,184 students | 31.30 Mi3410 W Fort George Wright Dr
Spokane,  WA  99224
(509) 533-3500 31.305,184
- 2,351 students | 120.40 Mi777 Grandview Dr
Kalispell,  MT  59901
(406) 756-3822 120.402,351
- 2,044 students | 123.10 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
(509) 793-2222 123.102,044
- 3,860 students | 130.80 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla,  WA  99362
(509) 522-2500 130.803,860